If a definition list ( https://pandoc.org/MANUAL.html#definition-lists ) starts with a list, then an empty item seems to be inserted when converting to latex. Problem 1 ~ #. Circle the keywords produces in latex \begin{description} \item[Problem 1] \begin{enumerate} \tightlist \item[] % This is what I'm talking about \item Circle the keywords \end{enumerate} \end{description} Note the \item[]. This problem does not seem to occur with html, as this markdown is rendered as
Problem 1
  1. Circle the keywords
Is this a bug or am I missing something? -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CAPGHSeyhW5Cj4nrBdtaNgpkj_%3DpcEXLusFQgkz86ivEtQZBtbw%40mail.gmail.com.