Thank for quick reply, probably it is almost the same. Currently I reuse the ProGit scripts to generate latex using pandoc, and tune latex files in detail. And In pdf, I want to have shade+syntax highlight, and expected latex code \definecolor{bg}{rgb}{0.95,0.95,0.95} \begin{minted}[bgcolor=bg]{bash} $ sudo apt-get install ruby1.9.1 $ sudo apt-get install pandoc $ sudo apt-get install texlive-xetex $ sudo apt-get install texlive-latex-recommended $ sudo apt-get install texlive-latex-extra \end{minted} // in my script, I will add [bgcolor=bg] into generated latex if minted is used directly. In current solution, highlighting-kate (or pygments ) will generate the formatted latex instead. While if minted package is used, it will handle the syntax highlight in its package like virbatim, It is more clean for me to handle. There are some one2one mapping like line numbers as well. rgs/larry On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 5:53 AM, John MacFarlane wrote: > minted is only supported by the LaTeX reader, not the LaTeX writer. > > +++ Larry Cai [Oct 22 12 12:57 ]: > > > BTW: minted seems is better for code syntax highlight > > What features does minted have that you can't get with > pandoc/highlighting-kate? > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "pandoc-discuss" group. > To post to this group, send email to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to > pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. > > > -- True software development embraces consistent inconsistency. blog: http://codeslife.com -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To post to this group, send email to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To unsubscribe from this group, send email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.