* Include some filter examples in the data/ directory of Pandoc distribution
@ 2022-07-28 15:13 Jiří Wolker
       [not found] ` <af2c4d21-7627-1402-6b13-61f7f95e64a8-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
From: Jiří Wolker @ 2022-07-28 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Hello everyone,

I propose including few useful filters that process the documents
somehow in the Pandoc distribution. I think that they might be used both
for learning to use Pandoc API and for practical purposes.

Few ideas:

   • includes.hs script (from the docs)

     Substitute specially marked code blocks with file contents.

   • A filter that adds file size to links (if enabled using attribute).

   • Directory listing

     The source document contains list of filenames or glob expressions
     and the filter produces list of links to the files.

I will probably write few such filters soon and I could contribute them.

Jiří W.

* Re: Include some filter examples in the data/ directory of Pandoc distribution
       [not found] ` <af2c4d21-7627-1402-6b13-61f7f95e64a8-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
@ 2022-07-28 17:22   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2022-07-28 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

We're actually preferring Lua filters these days, because all you need to use them is pandoc itself; you don't need a working Haskell interpreter on your system.

There's a repository of sample Lua filters at pandoc/lua-filters