* latex > md header wraps
@ 2022-08-01 15:37 shell acts
       [not found] ` <4a50f803-162f-4aaa-87be-b0f40237aef2n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: shell acts @ 2022-08-01 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I would like to skip the (anchor?-) wraps when doing

1.
pandoc -f latex -t markdown FILE.tex -o FILE.md

, also because I think this function is buggy when doing

2.
pandoc -f latex -t markdown FILE.md -o FILE.pdf

and the latex-reference contained more than one word.

What I mean:
\hypertarget{First Introduction}{%
   \chapter{First Introduction}
   \label{cha:FirstIntroduction}
}
renders at the step 1:
::: {#First Introduction}
# First Introduction
:::

renders at step 2:
an ugly pdf-output like
::: {#First Introduction} # First Introduction {#cha:firstIntroduction
.unnum-
bered} :::

Instead, if the header only contains one word, the pdf output is correct.

I would be perfectly fine with just
# First Introduction
as output of the first step. How can I achieve this?
Or is there anything I can do to improve output of step 2?

Thank you in advance.

* Re: latex > md header wraps
       [not found] ` <4a50f803-162f-4aaa-87be-b0f40237aef2n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2022-08-01 18:53   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <4C88333D-F2FA-44A2-A7D4-98FAA24987B6-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2022-08-01 18:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Not quite sure how to handle this in the reader, since identifiers can't have spaces.

But as a workaround you could use a Lua filter that simply removes the attributes on headings.

> On Aug 1, 2022, at 8:37 AM, shell acts <shellacts-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I would like to skip the (anchor?-) wraps when doing
>
> 1.
> pandoc -f latex -t markdown FILE.tex -o FILE.md
>
> , also because I think this function is buggy when doing
>
> 2.
> pandoc -f latex -t markdown FILE.md -o FILE.pdf
>
> and the latex-reference contained more than one word.
>
> What I mean:
> \hypertarget{First Introduction}{%
>    \chapter{First Introduction}
>    \label{cha:FirstIntroduction}
> }
> renders at the step 1:
> ::: {#First Introduction}
> # First Introduction
> :::
>
> renders at step 2:
> an ugly pdf-output like
> ::: {#First Introduction} # First Introduction {#cha:firstIntroduction .unnum-
> bered} :::
>
> Instead, if the header only contains one word, the pdf output is correct.
>
> I would be perfectly fine with just
> # First Introduction
> as output of the first step. How can I achieve this?
> Or is there anything I can do to improve output of step 2?
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> --

* Re: latex > md header wraps
       [not found]     ` <4C88333D-F2FA-44A2-A7D4-98FAA24987B6-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
@ 2022-08-02  5:14       ` shell acts
       [not found]         ` <fc3c44a7-5de8-4f9b-90df-3d8a2a7e159bn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: shell acts @ 2022-08-02  5:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Ok, thank you,

I also had tried
-t markdown-auto_identifiers
without success.

Since the writer is not able to reproduce what the reader renders,
I would call it a bug, wouldn't you? I looked for issues in github but did
not find any referring to this, or is it known?

El lunes, 1 de agosto de 2022 a las 20:53:19 UTC+2, fiddlosopher escribió:

> Not quite sure how to handle this in the reader, since identifiers can't
> have spaces.
>
> But as a workaround you could use a Lua filter that simply removes the
> attributes on headings.
>
> > On Aug 1, 2022, at 8:37 AM, shell acts <shel...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to skip the (anchor?-) wraps when doing
> >
> > 1.
> > pandoc -f latex -t markdown FILE.tex -o FILE.md
> >
> > , also because I think this function is buggy when doing
> >
> > 2.
> > pandoc -f latex -t markdown FILE.md -o FILE.pdf
> >
> > and the latex-reference contained more than one word.
> >
> > What I mean:
> > \hypertarget{First Introduction}{%
> > \chapter{First Introduction}
> > \label{cha:FirstIntroduction}
> > }
> > renders at the step 1:
> > ::: {#First Introduction}
> > # First Introduction
> > :::
> >
> > renders at step 2:
> > an ugly pdf-output like
> > ::: {#First Introduction} # First Introduction {#cha:firstIntroduction
> .unnum-
> > bered} :::
> >
> > Instead, if the header only contains one word, the pdf output is correct.
> >
> > I would be perfectly fine with just
> > # First Introduction
> > as output of the first step. How can I achieve this?
> > Or is there anything I can do to improve output of step 2?
> >
> > Thank you in advance.
> >
> > --
> an email to pandoc-discus...-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/4a50f803-162f-4aaa-87be-b0f40237aef2n%40googlegroups.com