However, while you can just omit `--citeproc` when targeting docx, once you go back you’ll end up with citations like `\[@doe\]`, i.e. brackets will be escaped in the markdown. It’s obviously easy enough to take care of that with search-replace, but it’s not a fully automatic solution. Von: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org Im Auftrag von denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0@public.gmane.org Gesendet: Freitag, 10. November 2023 22:12 An: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org Betreff: AW: Preserving citations between docx and markdown conversions Probably a good suggestion. Von: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org > Im Auftrag von Paul M. Gesendet: Dienstag, 7. November 2023 16:43 An: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org Betreff: Re: Preserving citations between docx and markdown conversions Sie erhalten nicht oft eine E-Mail von pmmagic-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org. Erfahren Sie, warum dies wichtig ist Might it be simpler to leave the citekeys unprocessed during the initial conversion to Word? I think the citekyes format is simple enough to be self explanatory, and the markup is no more disruptive to reading then a standard author date citation style. You can tell your collaborators that these will be replaced by appropriately formatted citations at the final edit stage. On Tue, Nov 7, 2023 at 10:18 AM Alex > wrote: Hello! I am investigating using pandoc for my academic writing. I intend to do the majority of the writing in markdown but will have others reviewing and giving feedback through word (docx), and would like a way to re-integrate the edits back to markdown while keeping the text as close as possible. (md -> docx -> md) In my markdown I have citations using the [@citekey] format: Here is a reference to one of the entries in my bibliography [@Aigrain2021]. I would like a way to preserve citations when converting between docx and md. I've tried the following approach but just get plain text (in the markdown) where the citation was. Here is a reference to one of the entries in my bibliography (Aigrain 2021). I am not sure whether the citations are being lost in the md to docx step or the docx to md step. (I am not familiar with the how word even stores citations) Is what I want to do supported? I have the files: main.md main.bib nature-conservation.csl The command I'm using to convert to docx (md -> docx): pandoc --citeproc \ --bibliography main.bib \ --csl nature-conservation.csl \ -t docx+citations -o main.docx \ -f markdown+citations main.md The command I'm using to convert back to markdown: pandoc -s --citeproc \ --bibliography main.bib \ --csl nature-conservation.csl \ -t markdown+citations -o main.md \ -f docx+citations main.docx Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks! -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/eead1157-56fa-4259-a223-a365c852e0cbn%40googlegroups.com. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CABoaWcXmivZz6kL_GcwVFn7Co-Qo7RfX8m1Gec_bqDyFmLJS-w%40mail.gmail.com. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/GV0P278MB0211D7FB7C6886B4EC81C53C83AEA%40GV0P278MB0211.CHEP278.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/GV0P278MB021142EDAEA08B3C2C09D8A883AEA%40GV0P278MB0211.CHEP278.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM.