* HTML to PDF with cls style
@ 2022-12-09 16:34 Mladen Babic
       [not found] ` <1147a73d-7445-4f72-ad5c-794775aa8566n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Mladen Babic @ 2022-12-09 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I'm going to convert HTML to PDF with quantumarticle.cls  style file which
I found here
<https://ctan.ijs.si/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/quantumarticle/quantumview.cls>,
but  I do not know how to use it with the Pandoc.  I have tried these:

pandoc --from html converted.html --to pdf --output output.pdf
--metadata-file=metadata.yaml --pdf-engine=xelatex  --standalone --mathml
-V classoption=quantumarticle.cls

But I did not get the desired PDF.  No errors. The PDF same without this
option

Do I miss something?

Kind regards,
MladenB

* Re: HTML to PDF with cls style
       [not found] ` <1147a73d-7445-4f72-ad5c-794775aa8566n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2022-12-09 16:51   ` Bastien DUMONT
From: Bastien DUMONT @ 2022-12-09 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

First, the name of the file is not quantumarticle.cls, but quantumview.cls. Second, classoption is to pass options relative to the current document class. To change the document class, use -V documentclass=quantumview.

It would be more convenient to have your CLS file installed system-wide. If you use a full TeXLive or MiKTeX, it should already be included in your TeX installation.

Le Friday 09 December 2022 à 08:34:11AM, Mladen Babic a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I'm going to convert HTML to PDF with quantumarticle.cls  style file which I
> found [1]here, but  I do not know how to use it with the Pandoc.  I have tried
> these:
>
> pandoc --from html converted.html --to pdf --output output.pdf
> --metadata-file=metadata.yaml --pdf-engine=xelatex  --standalone --mathml -V
> classoption=quantumarticle.cls
>
> But I did not get the desired PDF.  No errors. The PDF same without this option
>
> Do I miss something?
>
> Kind regards,
> MladenB
>
> --
> pandoc-discuss/1147a73d-7445-4f72-ad5c-794775aa8566n%40googlegroups.com.

> [1] https://ctan.ijs.si/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/quantumarticle/quantumview.cls
> [3] https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/1147a73d-7445-4f72-ad5c-794775aa8566n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer

* Re: HTML to PDF with cls style
@ 2022-12-10  1:43     ` Mladen Babic
       [not found]       ` <75f732fd-6391-4682-b056-9f0f29307e69n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Mladen Babic @ 2022-12-10  1:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hi Bastien,

Thanks for the quick replay. You are right, quantumview does the job, but
since I'm a newbie with Latex what is the diff between quantumarticle.cls
and quantumview.cls? I have installed full tex installed, but I wanted to
use various templates for generating PDFs depending on user desire.

Kind regards,

@ 2022-12-10  8:55         ` Bastien DUMONT
From: Bastien DUMONT @ 2022-12-10  8:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

You can refer to the official documentation here: https://ctan.org/pkg/quantumarticle

If you have a full TeXLive, so passing -V documentclass=quantumarticle (or quantumview, depending on your needs) should work.