* Why is Inlines function not applied in walk_block and walk_inline?
@ 2021-04-08 18:40 Bastien DUMONT
From: Bastien DUMONT @ 2021-04-08 18:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

I tried to run the following code as a Lua filter with pandoc -t plain -L test.lua <<< 'Two words.'

```lua
message = function()
   io.stdout:write("I'm here!\n")
end

Para = function(elem)
   return pandoc.walk_block(elem, { Inlines = message })
end
```

It only returns:
Two words.

However, when I replace "Inlines" by "Str", I get:
I'm here!
I'm here!
Two words.

At first I thought that it was because walk_block is applied inside the content of Para, where there is no inlines lists, but with "*Two words.*" as input I get the same result. Is it intentional?

* Re: Why is Inlines function not applied in walk_block and walk_inline?
@ 2021-04-08 20:14 ` Albert Krewinkel
       [not found]   ` <87mtu8cz5g.fsf-9EawChwDxG8hFhg+JK9F0w@public.gmane.org>
From: Albert Krewinkel @ 2021-04-08 20:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Bastien DUMONT <bastien.dumont-VwIFZPTo/vqsTnJN9+BGXg@public.gmane.org> writes:

> At first I thought that it was because walk_block is applied inside
>the content of Para, where there is no inlines lists, but with "*Two
>words.*" as input I get the same result. Is it intentional?

No, this is an oversight. I didn't update the pandoc.walk_* functions
when we introduced support for Inlines and Blocks filtering.

I'm fixing it now.

--
Albert Krewinkel

@ 2021-04-08 20:28     ` Bastien DUMONT