You're welcome, I already had done much of the work for myself, so I am happy if it could be useful for others as well. I had'nt anticipatĕd that you would also use \autocite in the body. I restricted the scope of the filter to the footnotes, so you should not have errors anymore provided that all your use cases are documented in the text file. I supposed that you don't want the output of \autocite to be changed. Please try the file attached. Le Saturday 15 May 2021 à 08:34:22PM, Jeffrey T a écrit : > Hi Bastien, > > Oh my, thank you very much for taking the time to assist! I downloaded your Lua > filter (I didn't realize that filters were possible with Pandoc!) and included > it in my Pandoc command: > > pandoc --citeproc --lua-filter=remove-parentheses-from-cite.lua Test.tex > --bibliography=testref.bib --csl= > chicago-fullnote-bibliography-short-title-subsequent.csl -o test.docx > > It worked perfectly for the \cite commands contained within \footnote. > Unfortunately the remainder of my book manuscript uses \autocite for references > outside of footnotes. When \autocite is included, I received an error message: > "bad argument #1 to 'gsub' (string expected, got nil)" > > If helpful, I've attached the test .tex file I'm using? Your assistance is much > appreciated! > > > On Saturday, May 15, 2021 at 6:05:21 PM UTC-4 Bastien Dumont wrote: > > I had a similar problem that I resolved with the attached Lua filter > (slightly > modified to adapt it to your needs). I hope that it will work for you. > Simply > call it after --citeproc. > > Note that it will throw an error if you have \cite commands outside > footnotes. > If that it the case, please let me know. > > Le Saturday 15 May 2021 à 12:13:37PM, Jeffrey T a écrit : > > > > Hi all, > > I'm new to the group and Pandoc and would greatly appreciate your > assistance. > > I'm attempting to convert my LaTeX book manuscript into a Word doc for my > > editor. Using a test .tex file, I have successfully converted the file > using > > the following command in Mac Terminal : > > pandoc --citeproc Test.tex --bibliography=testref.bib --csl= > > chicago-fullnote-bibliography-short-title-subsequent.csl -o test.docx > > It works wonderfully, however, the only issue concerns the \cite > contained > > within \footnote. In particular, the resulting citation is now placed > within > > parentheses which my editor has asked me to remove. Is there some sort of > > solution to my dilemma? Given the length of the book I fear it will be > quite > > tedious to find/remove the offending parentheses manually. > > Thank you in advance! > > > > -- > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > > "pandoc-discuss" group. > > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email > > to pandoc-discus...-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org > > To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/ > msgid/ > > pandoc-discuss/f4c18da4-6145-4f93-8779-fe2bd2816c38n%40googlegroups.com. > > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "pandoc-discuss" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email > to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org > To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ > pandoc-discuss/26bec817-c8b4-4d63-ad5d-436aa281c0d7n%40googlegroups.com. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/YKFOF9MI2IHxJS4t%40localhost.