From: Bastien DUMONT <bastien.dumont-VwIFZPTo/vqsTnJN9+BGXg@public.gmane.org>
To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org
Subject: Re: LaTeX footnote citations parentheses
Date: Fri, 21 May 2021 06:00:29 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi,

To see wether the script will work or not, you can convert your file or a
sample to Pandoc Markdown. The citation key must always appear inside brackets,
wether it be in a footnote or not. So in the following example:

pandoc -t markdown -f latex <<< '\cite{key} \autocite{key}
\footnote{\cite{key} \autocite{key}}'

[@key] [@key] [^1]

[^1]: [@key] [@key]

you can see that all the conditions are met. Pandoc makes no difference between
\cite and \autocite.

As long as it works, you don't have to modify the filter. Changing "cite" to
"autocite" won't do anything, it's only an arbitrary variable name that point
to an object of type "Cite" in Pandoc's internal representation of the
document.

The script is only concerned with removing parentheses around citations. In
order to convert your footnotes to endnotes and to reset the numeration, you
will have to use Word's utilities. To my knowledge, Pandoc itself makes no
distinction between footnotes and endnotes and handles notes as footnotes by
default.