From: Bastien DUMONT <bastien.dumont-VwIFZPTo/vqsTnJN9+BGXg@public.gmane.org>
To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org
Subject: Re: Convert specific parts of document
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2022 15:08:09 +0000	[thread overview]

If you want to pass the argument through a metadata on the command line (for instance with "-M docpart=doc1"), you can write:

```
local docpart = ''

local function Meta(meta)
  if meta.docpart then
    docpart = meta.docpart
  end
end

local function Div(div)
  (...)
end

-- By default, the Meta function is called after Div,
-- so the following is required.
return {
  { Meta = Meta },
  { Div = Div }