* Apologize if not really pabdoc but instead rst
@ 2022-07-14  0:16 almaghfuur lahu
       [not found] ` <e63b0064-87dd-431a-b346-de9e4c220785n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: almaghfuur lahu @ 2022-07-14  0:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

This's, just now, the result of Github
issue https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/issues/8172

Now after leading steps getting solved, next step is need to fix a
imperfection on some lines overrun the right alignment margin

How actually is the rst's width and margin alignment setting command to
correctly have the max column number laid out, or that is determined
implicitly by pandoc on the run when trying accomplishing it by:

pandoc -f rst -t pdf -o manual.pdf manual.rst

?  improper line is e.g:

*These keywords are also operators: and or not xor shl shr div mod in notin
is isnot of as from.*

... notin <= longer than it

Real PDF document being viewed:

*These keywords are also operators: and or not xor shl shr div mod in notin
is isnot of as from.*

Needed wrapped/broken to:
* These keywords are also operators: and or not xor shl shr div mod in
notin*
* is isnot of as from. *

Please show the logical way to solve correctly so that can be done in batch
by find-replace regex tool

the rst:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/19DJ8at1Fze8-HEEzg3n9xLrSB9tIaqW5/view?usp=sharing

* Re: Apologize if not really pabdoc but instead rst
       [not found] ` <e63b0064-87dd-431a-b346-de9e4c220785n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2022-07-14  8:47   ` William Lupton
       [not found]     ` <CAEe_xxi=4ZT+RyhGPAtWiWFE1phYgshYubzA-+G7B2mESXJrpA-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: William Lupton @ 2022-07-14  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

This paragraph is parsed as shown below, i.e., as a code block with a 'nim'
class. It might be possible to use this info to control how it's rendered
in the PDF? Or use a different PDF engine, e.g., I just tried it
with wkhtmltopdf (and no special CSS) and the text wraps as expected
("from" is formatted in a different colour but perhaps that's intended).

  [130] Para {
    content: Inlines {
      [1] Str text: "These"
      [2] Space {}
      [3] Str text: "keywords"
      [4] Space {}
      [5] Str text: "are"
      [6] Space {}
      [7] Str text: "also"
      [8] Space {}
      [9] Str text: "operators:"
      [10] SoftBreak {}
      [11] Code {
        attr: Attr {
          attributes: AttributeList {}
          classes: List {
            [1] "nim"
          }
          identifier: ""
        }
        text: "and or not xor shl shr div mod in notin is isnot of as from"
      }
      [12] Str text: "."
    }
  }

@ 2022-07-14  8:57       ` Bastien DUMONT
From: Bastien DUMONT @ 2022-07-14  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

The problem is that the whole series of keywords are marked up as one span of raw code, and LaTeX does not insert line breaks into raw code. In the rst file, replace

These keywords are also operators:
`and or not xor shl shr div mod in notin is isnot of as from`.

with

@ 2022-07-17  5:29         ` almaghfuur lahu
       [not found]           ` <a2c95871-daca-41e5-a971-deb1f3085eb4n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: almaghfuur lahu @ 2022-07-17  5:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Wonder if there's a rst command to force a line break at any point in rst
document which latex hence pandoc can produce PDF as it has that

@ 2022-07-17  8:11             ` Bastien DUMONT
From: Bastien DUMONT @ 2022-07-17  8:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Actually, my explanation was not accurate. I just saw that Pandoc renders Code in LaTeX with \texttt, which allows line breaks. However, it prevents them by escaping the blank spaces in the argument of \textt. So the solution is to alter the behaviour of the Pandoc LaTeX writer. You can use the following Lua filter to do this (I assume that classes and attributes on code spans are ignored by the LaTeX writer anyway):

```
function Code(code)
  if FORMAT:match 'latex' then
    return { pandoc.RawInline('tex', '\\texttt{'), pandoc.Str(code.text), pandoc.RawInline('tex', '}') }
  end
end

```

So indeed, it is a Pandoc question ;-)