* How to convert csl bibliography style file to LaTeX bibliography style file ?
@ 2023-05-09  3:22 Guillaume LODATO
       [not found] ` <536b6457-b89b-4861-b695-a844110dc92bn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Guillaume LODATO @ 2023-05-09  3:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I have a specific csl file I want to use for my BibLatex style, but I dont
know how to integer this in my project.

Can someone help me ?

Thanks for your return.

* Re: How to convert csl bibliography style file to LaTeX bibliography style file ?
       [not found] ` <536b6457-b89b-4861-b695-a844110dc92bn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2023-05-09  7:46   ` Sukil Etxenike arizaleta
From: Sukil Etxenike arizaleta @ 2023-05-09  7:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

If you want to convert a file with citations, and the references for
these citations are in a biblatex file, you can use the --bibliography
switch for the bibliography file in biblatex, and the --csl switch for
the style, like this for example:

pandoc --bibliography bib.bib --csl style.csl -o file.docx file.md

If you want something else I don't know.

Hth,

Sukil

@ 2023-05-09  7:49   ` Bastien DUMONT
From: Bastien DUMONT @ 2023-05-09  7:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

BibLaTeX is not designed to work with CSL. You can use CSL with pandoc (--citeproc option) or you can use BibLaTeX in your TEX file. If you have a precise idea in mind, could you provide an example?

@ 2023-05-09 14:42     ` Guillaume LODATO
       [not found]       ` <fd7ffe15-3ad9-446f-b751-30fe9c321804n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Guillaume LODATO @ 2023-05-09 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

What I want to do is to convert the formatting data of a csl file into a
LaTeX bibliographic style file, and to be able to use it in my TEX project.
In short :

mybibstyle.csl --> mybibstyle.bst

And how should I  use CSL with pandoc (--citeproc option) ? Can you give an
exemple?

Le mardi 9 mai 2023 à 09:49:38 UTC+2, Bastien DUMONT a écrit :

> BibLaTeX is not designed to work with CSL. You can use CSL with pandoc
> (--citeproc option) or you can use BibLaTeX in your TEX file. If you have a
> precise idea in mind, could you provide an example?
>
> Le Monday 08 May 2023 à 08:22:06PM, Guillaume LODATO a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a specific csl file I want to use for my BibLatex style, but I
> dont know
> > how to integer this in my project.
> >
> > Can someone help me ?
> >
> > Thanks for your return.
> >
> > --
> an email
> > to [1]pandoc-discus...-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org
> > To view this discussion on the web visit [2]
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/
> > pandoc-discuss/536b6457-b89b-4861-b695-a844110dc92bn%40googlegroups.com.

> > [1] mailto:pandoc-discus...-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org
> > [2]
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/536b6457-b89b-4861-b695-a844110dc92bn%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer

* AW: How to convert csl bibliography style file to LaTeX bibliography style file ?
       [not found]       ` <fd7ffe15-3ad9-446f-b751-30fe9c321804n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2023-05-09 14:50         ` denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0
From: denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0 @ 2023-05-09 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

You cannot convert a CSL file to bist

For the other thing
Pandoc input.md -o output.pdf --citeproc --csl=my style.csl --bibliography=biblio.bib

@ 2023-05-09 15:03         ` Bastien DUMONT
From: Bastien DUMONT @ 2023-05-09 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Note that you can use citeproc directly in LaTeX (never tested): https://www.ctan.org/pkg/citation-style-language

As for your second question, please see the section “CITATIONS” and the sub-section “Citation syntax” in the manual.