From: Bastien DUMONT <bastien.dumont-VwIFZPTo/vqsTnJN9+BGXg@public.gmane.org>
To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org
Subject: Re: Single and double quotes in Context with British English
Date: Wed,  2 Aug 2023 14:55:25 +0000	[thread overview]

As you saw in the ConTeXt outputs, whatever language you set in the metadata, Pandoc will always identify double quotes as primary quotes and single quotes as secondary quotes. How they are rendered in PDF depends on ConTeXt. To alter the rendering of British English, you will need to use the macro \setuplanguage (https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/setuplanguage).