* LaTeX Subfiles support
@ 2023-09-12 16:27 Louis Turk
       [not found] ` <74247f37-347c-4a3d-a115-4ed0cd731aa5n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Louis Turk @ 2023-09-12 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

On a book with many chapters (each chapter a separate file) beginning with
the following code:

\documentclass[nt.tex]{subfiles}
\begin{document}
\newif\ifepub
\epubfalse
\ifepub

Is there a way to make pandoc think \epubfalse is \epubtrue in all the
subfiles so I don't have to manually edit each subfile when I want to
create an epub book?

Louis

* Re: LaTeX Subfiles support
       [not found] ` <74247f37-347c-4a3d-a115-4ed0cd731aa5n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2023-09-15  3:21   ` Louis Turk
       [not found]     ` <864d8672-1e48-424d-b98c-1abdfa5d4262n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Louis Turk @ 2023-09-15  3:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

What I'm hoping for is a command line argument to do this, as my book is
composed of 66 subfiles.  That is a lot to change by hand.

On Tuesday, September 12, 2023 at 11:27:51 AM UTC-5 Louis Turk wrote:

> On a book with many chapters (each chapter a separate file) beginning with
> the following code:
>
> \documentclass[nt.tex]{subfiles}
> \begin{document}
> \newif\ifepub
> \epubfalse
> \ifepub
>
> Is there a way to make pandoc think \epubfalse is \epubtrue in all the
> subfiles so I don't have to manually edit each subfile when I want to
> create an epub book?
>
> Louis

* Re: LaTeX Subfiles support
       [not found]     ` <864d8672-1e48-424d-b98c-1abdfa5d4262n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2023-09-15 12:43       ` Bastien DUMONT
From: Bastien DUMONT @ 2023-09-15 12:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Could you provide a bit more context about what you are trying to do? Here you are showing us the beginning of the solution you tried to implement, not the real problem you're trying to solve. You could use a custom reader to make Pandoc read \epubfalse as \epubtrue, but it may not be the best solution.