* Change default template for .docx output
@ 2021-11-24 14:30 Paul
       [not found] ` <39fde55d-6ab2-4012-840d-50c6f3eba98dn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Paul @ 2021-11-24 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I'm on Linux and using Obsidian.md for taking notes. Someone from the
Obsidian community created a plugin that uses Pandoc so you can output your
notes to a desired format. For me that's .docx files. I'm trying to find a
way to change the default template.

Specfically I'd like to change the font color for headings and the default
line spacing. I have a file I called "default.docx" but that didn't work.
So I found the thing on the "about" page "--reference-doc=*FILE *
but I don't understand how to tell Pandoc that I want it to use the
reference for .docx *always*.

Thanks!

* Re: Change default template for .docx output
       [not found] ` <39fde55d-6ab2-4012-840d-50c6f3eba98dn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-11-24 15:58   ` Alan
       [not found]     ` <af7ea85c-a799-43ab-aa06-e2969d79ecadn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Alan @ 2021-11-24 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

--reference-doc my-reference.docx
or
--reference-doc=my-reference.docx

Presume my-reference.docx is in the same folder your Obsidian vault is.

@ 2021-11-24 16:07       ` Alan
       [not found]         ` <f46e4d65-0fdf-4be2-949b-2f4f7a68ac99n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Alan @ 2021-11-24 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

My pandoc command md to word

pandoc --reference-doc my-reference.docx -s input.md --citeproc --csl
sage-harvard.csl -o output.docx

--citeproc for process citations

--csl sage-harvard.csl  use specific bibliography format download from here
https://www.zotero.org/styles

my bibtex file is referenced in yaml header of md file or

--bibliography yourbibtexfile.bib

Obsidian pandoc plugin is - well, let's say, not ideal, so you have try
various command with or without quotes etc. I don't remember how I set up,
I give up from Obsidian because of pandoc problems. Of course, you can
always use terminal, but it's more convenient to use pandoc from app

@ 2021-11-24 17:43           ` Paul
       [not found]             ` <9cb5a927-345d-42e8-b671-e733b2d6f739n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Paul @ 2021-11-24 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Thanks! I'm not sure I understand all of that. Are you saying to put those
commands in the "Extra Pandoc arguments" field in the Obsidian plugin?
Because that didn't work for me. Or did I do that wrong?

@ 2021-11-24 17:55               ` Alan
       [not found]                 ` <20008b51-bd5a-456e-a16e-0e5212398a88n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Alan @ 2021-11-24 17:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Yes, you should put them, but as I said, pandoc plugin is strange so you
have to experiment with or without quotes, with or without "=" etc

Something like this

--reference-doc my-reference.docx -- --citeproc --csl sage-harvard.csl
--bibliography yourbibtexfile.bib

I don't remember, but I think that I change something just use trial and
error. :-)

@ 2021-11-24 18:05                   ` Paul
From: Paul @ 2021-11-24 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss