Thanks – it does seem ideal; I wasn't sure from the description if one could only include the targets to be replaced from an existing format, or if everything had to be included to be a valid writer. I think I'll start with a simpler case, because Tables seem too advanced for my level of understanding. Best, baptiste On Wednesday, 16 November 2022 at 08:48:07 UTC+13 fiddlosopher wrote: > I'd recommend using a "new style" writer and just replacing the code that > formats tables. > > https://pandoc.org/custom-writers.html#new-style > > > > > On Nov 14, 2022, at 7:30 PM, bapt a wrote: > > > > Hi, > > > > I'm hoping to play around with custom writers, to understand a bit > better how to turn pandoc's AST into a specific output format (for example, > I'd like to use tabularray syntax for tables in LaTeX, and it seems > "cleaner" to use a writer than to inject raw inline LaTeX via a filter into > the AST). The html writer example is quite useful, but since I'm aiming for > LaTeX output, it would be helpful to have something a little closer in > syntax as a starting point. > > > > I searched a bit and the closest thing I could find was a plain TeX > writer at https://github.com/drehak/pandoc-to-markdown > > but this is perhaps not as helpful for learning because most of the > magic seems to be delegated to custom TeX macros. (A good strategy, but I > wouldn't know (La)TeX well enough to perform some of the more complex > processing) > > > > I wonder if someone here has a minimal (or complete!) example of a > custom Lua writer for LaTeX they could share? > > > > Many thanks, > > > > baptiste > > > > -- > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google > Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. > > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send > an email to pandoc-discus...-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org > > To view this discussion on the web visit > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/34e5e93b-8832-40d3-8803-8e5a12b5290an%40googlegroups.com > . > > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/a327ba5a-21fe-4cae-85e5-4ce1c323154an%40googlegroups.com.