* Creating 'book tags' for use by ereader software
@ 2018-12-17  4:46 newbury954-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w
       [not found] ` <8b7f4af7-ce08-4b53-af1e-d4725cb51258-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: newbury954-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w @ 2018-12-17  4:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

fbReader, a piece of  Android e-reader software can read tags in an epub
file, and provides for user editing of tags.

For a better description,
see https://fbreader.org/content/documentation/tags
This allows the software to list titles *by the tagging* and thus provide
what appear to be completely independent libraries of books.

Unfortunately the word 'tag' is kinda overloaded and I am completely unable
to find any description on how that can be done with pandoc.

I can easily create Dublin Core entries to insert this info, IF I ONLY KNEW
WHAT TO INSERT! I seem to have a choice of dc:subject, dc:description,
dc:type and.or dc:relation.

The kinds of groupings are sets such as 'LAW', 'STATUTES', 'REGULATIONS'
and sub-groupings  'REGULATIONS/ONTARIO', 'REGULATIONS/CANADA'
The User Guide is complete, but fails to provide any examples of usage....
-> FAIL.

Can anyone help, please?

* Re: Creating 'book tags' for use by ereader software
       [not found] ` <8b7f4af7-ce08-4b53-af1e-d4725cb51258-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2018-12-17  5:31   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <m2d0q0ra6y.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2018-12-17  5:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: newbury954-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w, pandoc-discuss

Why don't you take an epub that you know has tags in
fbReader, unzip the epub, and look at the metadata
(metadata element in content.opf).  That should tell
you what Dublin Core elements you need.

@ 2018-12-17 16:33       ` newbury954-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w
From: newbury954-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w @ 2018-12-17 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss