Fixed by updating to pandoc version 2.11.4. My previous version installed by conda was 2.11, which had a bug with sorting numeric citations. On Monday, February 8, 2021 at 9:51:07 AM UTC-5 MV wrote: > I am trying to use a numeric style (nature.csl) for citations. Everything > works OK but for the sorting order of the citations. The sort order matches > the order of the citation's appearance in the .bib file and not the order > in which they are cited. How do I get the order to match the citation order? > > I have attached all the files that I use to test this. The compilation > command was: > > pandoc --standalone --citeproc -o test.html test.md > > Thank you! > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/a5892d09-8428-4365-8d44-9f48f0028357n%40googlegroups.com.