Hello, I am also using pandoc as code-format, measns I will write really sloppy tables and expect pandoc to sort everything out. For easier editing (and automatic reformating) I prefer pipe_tables. The issue now arises when a pipe_table has more content than what would fit one one line, pandoc will not use pipe_tables, but fall back to inline html. is there any way to restrict pandoc to always use pipe_tables? echo '|||| |-----|-----|-----| something rather long | and has a windy descripton | I cant bring my self to format this manually pandoc|is so great that it can fix everything| bug|but it wont currently|' | pandoc -t markdown-simple_tables-multiline_tables-grid_tables+pipe_tables - pandoc 2.1.3 Compiled with pandoc-types 1.17.4.2, texmath 0.10.1.1, skylighting 0.7.0.2 Default user data directory: /home/lano/.pandoc Copyright (C) 2006-2018 John MacFarlane Web: http://pandoc.org This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is no warranty, not even for merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To post to this group, send email to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/a58b7f3a-bba4-42e9-98c5-26bb45c11f49%40googlegroups.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.