* Problem with powerpoint templates
@ 2021-11-01 17:07 Michael Schwartz
       [not found] ` <9f93cacb-b160-4909-b21c-b10455ed2b03n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Michael Schwartz @ 2021-11-01 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

The default template, when made external, cannot be used in pandoc, let
alone be modified:

Here is an indicator of problems I have with pandoc and powerpoint
generation

My OS: MacOS (Big Sur) 10.16.1

A simple markdown file: 0-test.md
----------------------------------

% Title: Test slide deck

% Author: Michael Schwartz

% Date: 2022-11-01`

_It goes without saying_

The Phantom Tollbooth, Norton Juster
-------------------------------

Commands to be run: test.sh
----------------------------

#!/bin/sh

/usr/local/bin/pandoc --version

/usr/local/bin/pandoc --standalone --to pptx -o 0-test.pptx -s 0-test.md

/usr/local/bin/pandoc -o default.pptx --print-default-data-file
reference.pptx

/usr/local/bin/pandoc --standalone --to pptx --template=default.pptx -o
0-test.t.pptx -s 0-test.md

---------------------------

Output:

pandoc 2.16

Compiled with pandoc-types 1.22.1, texmath 0.12.3.2, skylighting 0.12.1,

citeproc 0.6, ipynb 0.1.0.2

User data directory: /Users/michael/.pandoc

Copyright (C) 2006-2021 John MacFarlane. Web:  https://pandoc.org

This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is no

warranty, not even for merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.

*pandoc: Cannot decode byte '\x85': Data.Text.Internal.Encoding.decodeUtf8:
Invalid UTF-8 stream*

-------------------------------

The directory now has a 2-page powerpoint (from the built-in template), the
default.pptx file. Both pptx files can be read and displayed.

The final message is from the last command. Pandoc cannot read in the
default.pptx template file

How does one set this up to work properly, so the templates can be edited
and used?

* Re: Problem with powerpoint templates
       [not found] ` <9f93cacb-b160-4909-b21c-b10455ed2b03n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-11-01 17:40   ` Michael Schwartz