* Fwd: CSL: conditional text not printed
       [not found]   ` <201a35f6-a91a-3bb7-a01d-07ca8cd9f6c5-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-09-01 12:09     ` hakan
       [not found]       ` <CAL9QFNmVq0NzALJEQe1GCC+uFBBT-=f_orrFTiFUBok-BS=6yw-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: hakan @ 2021-09-01 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

I have the following macro in my CSL style file:

   <macro name="disambiguate">
     <choose>
       <if disambiguate="true">
         <text variable="title-short"/>
       </if>
     </choose>
   </macro>

I use this macro in subsequent citations and bibliography. It helps me
to disambiguate works of authors cited with multiple works in citations
and to add a short title information at the end of the relevant
bibliography entries.

When I convert org or tex documents with Pandoc, this macro is ignored
and nothing gets printed at the relevant positions. I tried both
CSL-json and biblatex files as bibliography files. Shorttitle fields are
filled in.

How can I have this CSL macro work with Pandoc?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Hakan

* Re: Fwd: CSL: conditional text not printed
       [not found]       ` <CAL9QFNmVq0NzALJEQe1GCC+uFBBT-=f_orrFTiFUBok-BS=6yw-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-09-01 12:27         ` Bastien DUMONT
From: Bastien DUMONT @ 2021-09-01 12:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

How do you call this macro? Could you provide a CSL file including it and a small example where it should be triggered? Normally it should work: see the related test in citeproc's test suite: https://github.com/jgm/citeproc/blob/1ce8c26a5918c641b6a70d4b4151c7a51ab9a1ed/test/csl/disambiguate_ByCiteDisambiguateCondition.txt

@ 2021-09-01 13:28           ` Hakan Dağdelen
       [not found]             ` <635d04e9-a938-4e2d-8ac0-81988c8402acn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Hakan Dağdelen @ 2021-09-01 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Thanks a lot for the promt relpy.

I call it under citation and bibliography layout. Here is my CSL file:
https://pastebin.com/MdzdZLXs

Here is a bib file in json: https://pastebin.com/GgWeVU1x

And here is a bib file in tex: https://pastebin.com/YUb73afz

@ 2021-09-01 14:02               ` Bastien DUMONT
From: Bastien DUMONT @ 2021-09-01 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Hm, sorry, I can't see what could be wrong here. The problem may come from the fact that the disambiguation code is triggered in subsequent citations (not in the bibliography, since the entries will be not be formatted in the same way there). If it is true, you've found a bug, but I may have missed something.

Le Wednesday 01 September 2021 à 06:28:57AM, Hakan Dağdelen a écrit :
> [...]
>     > "pandoc-discuss" group.
>     > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
>     email
>     > to [1]pandoc-discus...-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org
>     > To view this discussion on the web visit [2][2]https://groups.google.com/
>     d/msgid/
>     > pandoc-discuss/
>     > CAL9QFNmVq0NzALJEQe1GCC%2BuFBBT-%3Df_orrFTiFUBok-BS%3D6yw%[3]
>     40mail.gmail.com.
>     >
>     > [1] mailto:pandoc-discus...-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org
>     > [2] [4]https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/
>     CAL9QFNmVq0NzALJEQe1GCC%2BuFBBT-%3Df_orrFTiFUBok-BS%3D6yw%40mail.gmail.com?
>     utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
>
> --
> pandoc-discuss/635d04e9-a938-4e2d-8ac0-81988c8402acn%40googlegroups.com.

* AW: Fwd: CSL: conditional text not printed
@ 2021-09-01 14:07                 ` denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0
       [not found]                   ` <9f7cdd53071b42cda9f394039bd293ae-NSENcxR/0n0@public.gmane.org>
From: denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0 @ 2021-09-01 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Just a side-issue: Checking your style with https://validator.citationstyles.org/ gives me three errors though on "title-bib/cit". Probably not related, but anyway.

FWIW, I've tried to cross-check with Zotero, but Zotero refuses to install your style at all...

@ 2021-09-01 14:13                     ` Bastien DUMONT
From: Bastien DUMONT @ 2021-09-01 14:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

For me too, although the style appears to be valid once you replace the slash by an underscore and can be used in the CSL style editor (https://editor.citationstyles.org/codeEditor/).

@ 2021-09-01 14:51                       ` Hakan Dağdelen
       [not found]                         ` <539c92e0-57ac-4190-9077-3597c64e0a35n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Hakan Dağdelen @ 2021-09-01 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

The style file does not carry an id. I believe that is the reason why
Zotero does not want to load it. You can type there anything and Zotero
loads. But also, the content of the file can be copied to Zotero's style
editor. There, it works. Zotero produces the expected output.

I am using Zotero 5.0.96.2 and Pandoc 2.14.1.

@ 2021-09-01 14:54                           ` denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0
       [not found]                             ` <a82ee548f5b6496f93635bf721db11a9-NSENcxR/0n0@public.gmane.org>
From: denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0 @ 2021-09-01 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

The style file does not carry an id. I believe that is the reason why Zotero does not want to load it. You can type there anything and Zotero loads. But also, the content of the file can be copied to Zotero's style editor. There, it works. Zotero produces the expected output.
Thanks for checking. Then it looks like a bug in pandoc’s citeproc, or at least a discrepancy between citeproc-js and pandoc’s citeproc.

@ 2021-09-01 15:27                               ` Hakan Dağdelen
       [not found]                                 ` <794a24b8-0ac1-40fc-b934-41e0e34f39a4n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Hakan Dağdelen @ 2021-09-01 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Ok, thanks for the information.

By the way, there is one more issue with the style file: If I don't add
match attribute at line 55, Pandoc does not print title for the entries on
that line. However, Zotero's style editor does not need match attribute
there. This is maybe another discrepancy between processors.

@ 2021-09-01 15:48                                   ` Bastien DUMONT
From: Bastien DUMONT @ 2021-09-01 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

The CSL Specification states that the default attribute for @match is "all", but Zotero sets it to "any". So Pandoc is right, and to ensure compatibility with all processors, @match should always be explicitely set in the stylesheet.