* Request: Have Pandoc stop making EPUB at line N of source file
@ 2021-03-29 12:10 CR
       [not found] ` <f73de601-a3be-4ba8-80ce-60ea859eb401n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: CR @ 2021-03-29 12:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I use Pandoc 2.7.2 on Windows 10 in a command window. I make EPUB books
from markdown files mainly. I'm getting out of memory errors form this one
large .md file that is 1.3MB in size and I'm having a hard time finding out
which line is giving me problems. The exact error is:

pandoc.exe: getMBlocks: VirtualAlloc MEM_COMMIT failed: The paging file is
too small for this operation to complete.
ERROR from pandoc.

My source files are on a flash drive with about 1.6GB of free space left.
Is the default paging file on the same drive as the source file? That may
be my problem.

Can we have an option in Pandoc to stop processing a source file at a
certain line? Like:
-stopline:1455

is where Pandoc would stop reading the source file at line 1455. What this
means is this would only work for the first source file in a list of files
on the command line. I mainly use single source files when making an EPUB
file.

One option when multiple input files are specified would be to specify the
input file and line like this on the command line:
-stopline:file2.md:1455

This means Pandoc would read file1.md, and only read up to line 1455 in
file2.md and then close the EPUB normally to make a valid EPUB file.

Thanks!

p.s. I have already removed all asterisks from my source file thinking
Pandoc does not look for an even number of asterisks in a "paragraph"
before it processes it and I still have problems.

* Re: Request: Have Pandoc stop making EPUB at line N of source file
       [not found] ` <f73de601-a3be-4ba8-80ce-60ea859eb401n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-03-29 12:55   ` Jeremy Theler
       [not found]     ` <d0465de4ac7a0207b0f3d3bbd668022db90864f8.camel-24em0bpozeFWk0Htik3J/w@public.gmane.org>
From: Jeremy Theler @ 2021-03-29 12:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

What about some UNIX philosophy here and do one thing well at a time?

head -n1455 input.md | pandoc

@ 2021-03-29 13:11       ` CR
From: CR @ 2021-03-29 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I don't have Unix.

@ 2021-03-29 13:20       ` CR
       [not found]         ` <b7124b44-4b07-479d-8205-cfded2aa5f65n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: CR @ 2021-03-29 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I'm looking for a head util for Windows 10 cmd line right now.

@ 2021-03-29 17:50           ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]             ` <m2zgylkfxb.fsf-jF64zX8BO08an7k8zZ43ob9bIa4KchGshsV+eolpW18@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2021-03-29 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: CR, pandoc-discuss