* pandoc-include filter
@ 2023-08-11  8:51 Guido Milanese
       [not found] ` <7de5029a-c8b8-4f17-bf76-fdf1abd522b0n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Guido Milanese @ 2023-08-11  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I have successfully installed pandoc-include (
https://pypi.org/project/pandoc-include/) and I run it calling the filter
as usual:

pandoc —filter=pandoc-include test.md -o test.pdf

The filter is a python—panflute filter.

The pandoc-include documentation suggests to add this item to the document
header:

pandoc-options:
  - --filter=pandoc-include

but it seems ineffective, since an explicit call of the filter in the
command line is necessary.

I also added to ${HOME}/defaults/defaults file this line:

filters:
  -  --pandoc-include

but again nothing happens.
I’m sure I’m missing some basic step, and I am grateful in advance for your
kind help.

guido (northern Italy)
Disclaimer: I have already asked the same question in the pandoc-include
discussione group.

* Re: pandoc-include filter
       [not found] ` <7de5029a-c8b8-4f17-bf76-fdf1abd522b0n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2023-08-11  9:45   ` 'William Lupton' via pandoc-discuss
       [not found]     ` <CAEe_xxj=p_V2ikAMXaq1bu-xFjMHUzAvdm1-2SuAg33UM8LmSA-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: 'William Lupton' via pandoc-discuss @ 2023-08-11  9:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Try removing the '--':

filters:
  -  pandoc-include

But you should have got an error, so I'm wondering whether you were
successfully including the defaults file (note that, unless you've set your
data directory to $HOME, it won't be searched for in $HOME/defaults). For
testing, I suggest putting it in the current directory.

On Fri, 11 Aug 2023 at 09:51, Guido Milanese <guido.milanese-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
wrote:

> I have successfully installed pandoc-include (
> https://pypi.org/project/pandoc-include/) and I run it calling the filter
> as usual:
>
> pandoc —filter=pandoc-include test.md -o test.pdf
>
> The filter is a python—panflute filter.
>
> The pandoc-include documentation suggests to add this item to the document
> header:
>
> pandoc-options:
>   - --filter=pandoc-include
>
> but it seems ineffective, since an explicit call of the filter in the
> command line is necessary.
>
> I also added to ${HOME}/defaults/defaults file this line:
>
> filters:
>   -  --pandoc-include
>
> but again nothing happens.
> I’m sure I’m missing some basic step, and I am grateful in advance for
> your kind help.
>
> guido (northern Italy)
> Disclaimer: I have already asked the same question in the pandoc-include
> discussione group.
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/7de5029a-c8b8-4f17-bf76-fdf1abd522b0n%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/7de5029a-c8b8-4f17-bf76-fdf1abd522b0n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

* Re: pandoc-include filter
       [not found]     ` <CAEe_xxj=p_V2ikAMXaq1bu-xFjMHUzAvdm1-2SuAg33UM8LmSA-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2023-08-12 20:35       ` Guido Milanese
       [not found]         ` <a9928d39-a1de-4e7c-bba0-caf3f445a61fn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Guido Milanese @ 2023-08-12 20:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Thank you. My defaults file was in the wrong place indeed. However, it
seems to me that this instruction in the header of input files, as
suggested in the pandoc-include manual:

pandoc-options:
  - filter=pandoc-include

remains useless; without an explicit call either in the defaults file or in
command line nothing happens. I also tried to locate some documentation
about "pandoc-options" in the manual (most recent edition, 2 days ago) but
to no success. In R markdown there is a "pandoc_options" (with underscore),
but I can't make sense of it in Pandoc-markdown.

Thanks again!

Il giorno venerdì 11 agosto 2023 alle 11:45:57 UTC+2 William Lupton ha
scritto:

> Try removing the '--':
>
> filters:
>   -  pandoc-include
>
> But you should have got an error, so I'm wondering whether you were
> successfully including the defaults file (note that, unless you've set your
> data directory to $HOME, it won't be searched for in $HOME/defaults). For
> testing, I suggest putting it in the current directory.
>
> On Fri, 11 Aug 2023 at 09:51, Guido Milanese <guido.m...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
>
>> I have successfully installed pandoc-include (
>> https://pypi.org/project/pandoc-include/) and I run it calling the
>> filter as usual:
>>
>> pandoc —filter=pandoc-include test.md -o test.pdf
>>
>> The filter is a python—panflute filter.
>>
>> The pandoc-include documentation suggests to add this item to the
>> document header:
>>
>> pandoc-options:
>>   - --filter=pandoc-include
>>
>> but it seems ineffective, since an explicit call of the filter in the
>> command line is necessary.
>>
>> I also added to ${HOME}/defaults/defaults file this line:
>>
>> filters:
>>   -  --pandoc-include
>>
>> but again nothing happens.
>> I’m sure I’m missing some basic step, and I am grateful in advance for
>> your kind help.
>>
>> guido (northern Italy)
>> Disclaimer: I have already asked the same question in the pandoc-include
>> discussione group.
>>
>> --
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/7de5029a-c8b8-4f17-bf76-fdf1abd522b0n%40googlegroups.com
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/7de5029a-c8b8-4f17-bf76-fdf1abd522b0n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>