* Converting MD to DOCX with --reference-docx results in badly formed tables
@ 2016-11-20 11:19 elmariachiism
       [not found] ` <aa86eec7-c12b-49ec-80ec-628d6bcf844d-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: elmariachiism @ 2016-11-20 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I created pipe tables using this website
http://www.tablesgenerator.com/markdown_tables. Now I'm trying to convert a
markdown down file into docx.

If I don't use any --reference-docx, everything goes smoothly, the file
opens in Word and the tables are flawless. If I then use that file (the
resultant docx) as --reference-docx, the new docx opens with an error in
Word. I accept Word's offer to repair the file and the error dialog says
the mistakes are in the "Table properties". Clicking on "error location"
takes me to the first row of the table, which is wider than the subsequent
rows.

Using any other docx as --reference-docx results in the same errors, it
only works if I don't provide a reference and unfortunately I need it.
Am I missing something here, or is this an actual bug?

This is the command I'm using:
pandoc -S -s --filter pandoc-crossref -M figPrefix:"Figure" -M
eqnPrefix:"Equation" -M tblPrefix:"Table" --reference-docx frontiers.docx
--filter=pandoc-citeproc --csl /home/mariachi/.pandoc/csl/vancouver.csl
--bibliography=/home/mariachi/Dropbox/Working/library.bib -o test.docx
manuscript_trans.md

Santiago