That mostly likely means that the noindentafter package is outdated. I’ve had the same error. It worked again after updating this package. Von: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org Im Auftrag von Ian Barnes Gesendet: Sonntag, 22. August 2021 10:40 An: pandoc-discuss Betreff: Re: No indent after horizontal rule I was curious, so I tried this. Added header-includes: | \usepackage{noindentafter} \NoIndentAfterEnv{center} to my defaults.yml. Didn't work... Checked what's going on with --verbose, and I see this: Package noindentafter Warning: Patching `\end' failed! (noindentafter) `\NoIndentAfter...' commands won't work. I'm not enough of a TeX wizard to take that any further. Still, we have two working solutions, so I'm pretty happy. On Wednesday, 18 August 2021 at 9:29:13 am UTC+2 Ian Barnes wrote: @Denis, thanks, cool, I'll have a look. Unrelated question. When I compiled my dozen lines or so of Haskell filter to an executable, the result was 20MB. Is that normal? On Wednesday, 18 August 2021 at 9:12:39 am UTC+2 denis...-NSENcxR/0n0@public.gmane.org wrote: Just a quick note: there’s also the the noindentafter package: https://www.ctan.org/pkg/noindentafter Might be an idea to look into how this package implements this. Best Denis Von: pandoc-...-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org > Im Auftrag von Ian Barnes Gesendet: Mittwoch, 18. August 2021 01:02 An: pandoc-discuss > Betreff: Re: No indent after horizontal rule Thanks for the response. Yes, I agree that's simpler and I tried something like that first too, but it failed on my first attempt. TeX just ignores the \noindent, because there's a blank line between it and the following paragraph in the generated TeX file. But I went back to it just now and it works if you add something like this \makeatletter \def\gobblepar{\@ifnextchar\par\@gobble\relax} \makeatother to your template or header-includes and then stick a \gobblepar after the \noindent. I'm a little concerned about what this does if the block after the hrule isn't a paragraph. Seems to result in extra vertical space. But that seems kind-of a perverse thing for a document author to do. Interesting, thanks, that was fun... On Monday, 16 August 2021 at 6:52:21 pm UTC+2 John MacFarlane wrote: The most straightforward approach would probably just be fixhrule :: Block -> Block fixhrule HorizontalRule = RawBlock (Format "latex") "\\begin{center}\\rule{0.5\\linewidth}{0.5pt}\\end{center}\\noindent" fixhrule x = x Ian Barnes > writes: > It's not quite the same situation as the various discussions about not > wanting indents after blockquotes, but similar enough that perhaps my > solution is interesting for others. > > I'm converting Markdown to PDF via LaTeX, with indent:true, and I'm using > horizontal rules as scene or section breaks. I found the indent on the > first paragraph after such a break ugly and wanted to do an automatic > \noindent after every horizontal rule. This turned out to be pretty easy > with a Haskell filter. > > As it's the first time I've written anything in Haskell, I thought I'd post > it here for feedback. Seems to me like maybe there's a more concise way to > do the same thing. > > Also this could obviously be adapted to actually remove the horizontal > rules and replace them with the Pandoc internal representation of a > vertical skip or blank line (whatever that is). > > import Data.Text > import Text.Pandoc.JSON > > main :: IO () > main = toJSONFilter noIndentAfterHorizontalRule > > noIndentAfterHorizontalRule :: Pandoc -> Pandoc > noIndentAfterHorizontalRule doc = > let Pandoc meta blocks = doc > in Pandoc meta (mapAfterHorizontalRule noIndentifyPara blocks) > > mapAfterHorizontalRule :: (Block -> Block) -> [Block] -> [Block] > mapAfterHorizontalRule f (HorizontalRule : block : blocks) = > HorizontalRule : f block : mapAfterHorizontalRule f blocks > mapAfterHorizontalRule f (block : blocks) = block : mapAfterHorizontalRule > f blocks > mapAfterHorizontalRule f [] = [] > > noIndentifyPara :: Block -> Block > noIndentifyPara (Para xs) = > Para (RawInline (Format (Data.Text.pack "tex")) (Data.Text.pack > "\\noindent ") : xs) > noIndentifyPara x = x > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discus...-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org. > To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/9953168b-aa53-4c75-b18b-612ddd8a3ddfn%40googlegroups.com. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discus...-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/945bf0d5-b826-4446-a086-0b1120824e80n%40googlegroups.com. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/acf9a5d3-ff84-404b-8b3b-9d152b5f4621n%40googlegroups.com. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/aa9f195dff39478689bfdbd630d5f6bb%40unibe.ch.