Great! I consolidated that down and added it as a table in the Roadmap page of the Wiki: https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/wiki/Roadmap. Please let me know if it would be better placed on a different page. I have set a reminder for myself to check it every month for updates. On Wednesday, July 21, 2021 at 11:53:15 AM UTC-7 John MacFarlane wrote: > > Note: at this point, we're talking about commonmark extensions > provided by pandoc. None of this is going into the commonmark > spec, which currently just focuses on the core. (Maybe at > some point.) > > abbreviations - maybe? > > all_symbols_escapable - this is already in core commonmark, so not an > extension > > angle_brackets_escapable - already in core commonmark > > auto_identifiers - we have gfm_auto_identifiers, no plans to > support the old auto_identifiers, since I think it's best to > standardize on one system > > backtick_code_blocks - part of core commonmark > > blank_before_blockquote - incompatible with core commonmark, > won't be implemented as an extension > > blank_before_header - incompatible with core commonmark, > won't be implemented as an extension > > citations - I plan to support this but it's not an easy one to implement > > compact_definition_lists - I'd prefer not to support this, for > sake of standardization - it's here for legacy reasons > > escaped_line_breaks - part of core commonmark > > example_lists - plan to support > > fenced_code_attributes - this is provided as part of the > attributes extension, don't plan to implement separately > > fenced_code_blocks - part of core commonmark > > four_space_rule - don't plan to implement, incompatible with core > commonmark > > grid_tables - plan to implement, probably > > gutenberg - this only really affects plain output > > header_attributes - provided by attributes extension, don't plan > to implement separately > > ignore_line_breaks - might make sense to implement, but this > would be a bit tricky to do as a commonmark-hs extension; we > might need a few changes to the core commonmark processor to > enable this. I'd be curious how many people use it. > > inline_code_attributes - provided by attributes, don't plan to > implement separately > > inline_notes - will probably implement as an extension > > intraword_underscores - part of core commonmark, won't be an extension > > latex_macros - not sure, maybe > > line_blocks - plan to implement as extensions > > link_attributes - provided by attributes extension > > lists_without_preceding_blankline - part of core commonmark, > don't plan to implement > > literate_haskell - maybe > > markdown_attribute - probably not, because commonmark has a > different way of doing this and I'd like to keep it simple > > markdown_in_html_blocks - no, because commonmark has a different > way of doing this > > mmd_header_identifiers - maybe > > mmd_link_attributes - maybe > > mmd_title_block - maybe > > multiline_tables - plan to implement > > native_divs - probably not; I'd prefer to just support the fenced divs > > native_spans - ditto, bracketed_spans > > old_dashes - probably not, a legacy feature > > pandoc_title_block - probably? > > shortcut_reference_links - part of core commonmark > > simple_tables - plan to support > > space_in_atx_header - part of core commonmark, won't be an extension > > spaced_reference_links - incompatible with core spec, don't plan > to support > > startnum - part of core commonmark > > table_captions - plan to support but maybe as part of table extensions > > tex_math_double_backslash - not sure; might support > > tex_math_single_backslash - incompat with core commonmark > escaping, probably not > > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/abf704be-12e2-4952-98a1-4ca4660db027n%40googlegroups.com.