* Reference document for DOCX format doesn't seem to be picked up
@ 2019-06-14  5:00 Oliver Baumann
       [not found] ` <76d6d82c-5f95-47af-a3c8-96307ecd1ca2-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Oliver Baumann @ 2019-06-14  5:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I use pandoc (version 2.5) on Linux to convert Markdown to DOCX:

pandoc -s file.md -t docx --reference-doc=style-ref.docx  -o file.docx

I created the file style-ref.docx via pandoc
--print-default-data-file=reference.docx  > style-ref.docx and then
modified it in MS Word.

However the formatting changes saved to style-ref.docx do not seem to be
applied to the result document.

What's going wrong?

How can I debug this? Calling pandoc with --verbose doesn't give any more
clues.

* Re: Reference document for DOCX format doesn't seem to be picked up
       [not found] ` <76d6d82c-5f95-47af-a3c8-96307ecd1ca2-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2019-06-14  5:56   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <m2sgsc90cu.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2019-06-14  5:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Oliver Baumann, pandoc-discuss

Only certain changes to the reference.docx  will make
a difference, as outlined in the manual (which gives
a list of the styles you can tweak).

@ 2019-06-14  7:02       ` Oliver Baumann
       [not found]         ` <c1bb314e-7c5e-43d6-a5ef-05c7127b277f-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Oliver Baumann @ 2019-06-14  7:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Thanks for your response!

I haven't done anything fancy though: Just made the Title and the Subtitle
in the reference document left justified - is this not supported?

@ 2019-06-14 16:40           ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]             ` <m2woho9l2l.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2019-06-14 16:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Oliver Baumann, pandoc-discuss

Those should be supported according to the manual.
Maybe you could link to or attach the reference docx
you're using.

@ 2019-06-14 22:58               ` news-WPTjrydoUPgeaOpM6FAJmQkbCANdLtlA
From: news-WPTjrydoUPgeaOpM6FAJmQkbCANdLtlA @ 2019-06-14 22:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John MacFarlane, pandoc-discuss

Sure, will do so on Monday.

@ 2019-06-21  7:23               ` Oliver Baumann
From: Oliver Baumann @ 2019-06-21  7:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Here the reference file I use.

You can see that Title and subtitle are left-aligned - but when I use the
reference style title and subtitle are still centered.

(Sorry for the late response!)

On Saturday, June 15, 2019 at 2:41:08 AM UTC+10, John MacFarlane wrote:

> Those should be supported according to the manual.
> Maybe you could link to or attach the reference docx
> you're using.
>
> Oliver Baumann <ne...-WPTjrydoUPgeaOpM6FAJmQkbCANdLtlA@public.gmane.org <javascript:>> writes:
>
> > Thanks for your response!
> >
> > I haven't done anything fancy though: Just made the Title and the
> Subtitle
> > in the reference document left justified - is this not supported?
> >
> > On Friday, June 14, 2019 at 3:56:17 PM UTC+10, John MacFarlane wrote:
> >>

> >> Only certain changes to the reference.docx  will make
> >> a difference, as outlined in the manual (which gives
> >> a list of the styles you can tweak).

> file.docx

> be

> >> more

> >> <javascript:>.
> >>
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/76d6d82c-5f95-47af-a3c8-96307ecd1ca2%40googlegroups.com.

> > --
> <javascript:>.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/c1bb314e-7c5e-43d6-a5ef-05c7127b277f%40googlegroups.com.

[-- Attachment #2: style-ref.docx --]
[-- Type: application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document, Size: 14929 bytes --]

@ 2019-06-24  9:01   ` Agustín Martín
       [not found]     ` <980be184-b406-42f3-bb6e-1b244fa51bc9-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Agustín Martín @ 2019-06-24  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hi Oliver.

I'm afraid you didn't modify the reference doc correctly.

You changed the Title on the document text, but not on the "style".
You need to change the styles, not the text (after changing the styles, the
text normally reflects these changes anyways).

Edit the "Title" style and make it left aligned. It will work.

Best regards,
  Agustín.

@ 2019-06-26  5:31       ` Oliver Baumann
From: Oliver Baumann @ 2019-06-26  5:31 UTC (permalink / raw)