* How to wrap code blocks within new tables?
@ 2023-07-01  7:58 Sylvain Hubert
       [not found] ` <dcf7041b-c805-420b-ac60-07e6692e1577n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Sylvain Hubert @ 2023-07-01  7:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hi all,

I'm trying to create bounding boxes for code blocks by wrapping them inside
tables.
According to the manual, I should probably use some filter like:

    function CodeBlock(elem)
        return pandoc.Table(--[[... elem ...]])
    end

but pandoc.Table takes a giant syntax tree with levels of all sorts of
nodes.
Neither the manual nor the error message gives a useful guide of actually
creating a table.

Could anyone provide a minimal example of creating a pandoc.Table in a lua
filter?

Thanks

* Re: How to wrap code blocks within new tables?
       [not found] ` <dcf7041b-c805-420b-ac60-07e6692e1577n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2023-07-01  8:09   ` Sylvain Hubert
       [not found]     ` <4f0c1e08-60a7-4c97-9a7e-c3367ae32483n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Sylvain Hubert @ 2023-07-01  8:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

ok just reverse-engineered it
folloing https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/issues/8932#issuecomment-1614842929 :

function CodeBlock(elem)
    return pandoc.Table(
      {},
      {"AlignDefault"},
      {},
      {{}},
      {{{elem}}}
    )
end

@ 2023-07-01  8:48       ` mf
       [not found]         ` <326e3767-e3b2-2bd3-5d60-340b2f1295bb-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
From: mf @ 2023-07-01  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Il 01/07/23 10:09, Sylvain Hubert ha scritto:
> ok just reverse-engineered it
> folloing https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/issues/8932#issuecomment-1614842929 :
>
> function CodeBlock(elem)
> return pandoc.Table(
>        {},
>        {"AlignDefault"},
>        {},
>        {{}},
>        {{{elem}}}
>      )
> end

This is the old version of tables, that now is called `SimpleTable`, see
https://pandoc.org/lua-filters.html#type-simpletable

You can use the same syntax with current pandoc this way:

```lua
t = pandoc.SimpleTable( {}, { "AlignDefault" }, {}, { {} }, { { { elem }
} } )
```

and then convert it to a Table with:

```lua
t2 = pandoc.utils.from_simple_table(t)
```

By the way, I noticed that there's no `pandoc.TableBody` constructor.

The only way I found is through a lua table like this:

```lua
body = {
   attr = pandoc.Attr(),
   head = {},
   row_head_columns = 0,
   body = { pandoc.Row( { pandoc.Cell( { elem } ) } ) }
}
```

So a minimal table is made like this:

```lua
t = pandoc.Table(
   {},                        -- empty caption
   { { 'AlignDefault', 0 } }, -- one column, default alignment and width
   pandoc.TableHead(),        -- empty table head
   { body },                  -- a list of one body
   pandoc.TableFoot()         -- empty table foot
)
```

@ 2023-07-01  9:01           ` Sylvain Hubert
From: Sylvain Hubert @ 2023-07-01  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)