From: Ioan Muntean <imuntean-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
To: pandoc-discuss <pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: How to manipulate with Block elements with Lua filters
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2023 12:12:02 -0700 (PDT)	[thread overview]

Dear BPJ
I read this post and thank you for illuminating some aspects of walking a
DIV element in pandoc. My story is different but I tried to achieve
something simpler.
I have a docx document and I want to convert it to Latex to include some
special styles. . I adapted your code and  all works well except that I get
extra lines between the environment definition and content.
Here is my adapted code:

function Div(divclaims)

local preclaims = pandoc.RawInline('latex', '\\begin{claims}')
local postclaims = pandoc.RawInline('latex', '\\end{claims}')
local preissues = pandoc.RawInline('latex', '\\begin{issues}')
local postissues = pandoc.RawInline('latex', '\\end{issues}')

  divbe=tostring(divclaims.t)
styletobe=tostring(divclaims.attr)

  if (string.find(styletobe, "Claims") or string.find(styletobe, "Issues"))
 then
if (string.find(styletobe, "Claims")) then pre=preclaims post=postclaims
print("Claim found") end
if (string.find(styletobe, "Issues")) then pre=preissues post=postissues
print("Issue found") end

local content = divclaims.content

table.insert(content, 1, pre)
table.insert(content, post)

return content
  end
  return nil
end

The Latex looks cool, except that the table.insert adds some empty lines :

\begin{issues}

text with formatting....

\end{issues}

That baffles the Latex interpreter . My question is: how can I modify the
code such that my latex output will have no extra empty lines?

\begin{issues} text text \end{issues}

Thank you in advance!
Ioan M.