Actually, scratch that... current plain output strips links, which are important at the text version of a multipart email... I guess I'm just gonna stick to markdown as is. Regards, Em terça-feira, 5 de setembro de 2017 02:20:22 UTC-3, Francisco Lopes escreveu: > > Hello John, > > Em terça-feira, 5 de setembro de 2017 01:53:20 UTC-3, John MacFarlane > escreveu: >> >> +++ Francisco Lopes [Sep 04 17 11:52 ]: >> > My last message was moderated, did I say anything wrong? >> >> No, Google does that automatically on occasion, for reasons >> that are generally opaque to me. I just unfroze your >> message. >> >> Pandoc's 'plain' output tries to reproduce the conventions >> used in Project Gutenberg's plain text books. That doesn't >> use `>` for quotes; rather, it uses indentation to come >> close to the look of an actual printed book, and that's >> what we do too. >> > > That's in agreement with what I said in my deleted message. > I don't indentation as better or worse, just different purpose, > and more aesthetically pleasant for citation quotes, just like > in books, but completely equivocated for conversation quotes > that can go many levels deep. > > The ` ` is a bug, though, which I'm about to fix. >> In markdown you need something between a list and an >> indented code block, or the indented block gets interpreted >> as a continuation paragraph in the last list item. To >> prevent that we insert an HTML comment or (if raw HTML is >> disabled) a ` `. But of course this isn't necessary >> in `plain` output. >> >> > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To post to this group, send email to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/ae3ba6b6-616a-4cb5-8bb2-be45b575d54e%40googlegroups.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.