* How to specify bibliography in metadata
@ 2018-01-04 16:04 Aditya Mahajan
       [not found] ` <alpine.OSX.2.03.1801041059120.8428-WEgwVTkZBn3/PtFMR13I2A@public.gmane.org>
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2018-01-04 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Based on the docs, it appears that it is possible to specify the
bibliography in the document metadata, but I could not get it to work.

```
---
link-citations: true
csl: chicago-author-date
references:
- volume: '35'
   page: '917-927'
   container-title: Bell System Technical Journal
   author:
   - family: Kelly
     given: J.L.
   id: Kelly1956
   issued:
     date-parts:
     - - 1956
   title: A new interpretation of information rate
   type: article-journal
   issue: '4'

In [@Kelly1956], it is shown that ...
```

Running `pandoc filename.md` gives:

```
it is shown that …</p>
```

What am I missing?

Thanks,
Aditya

* Re: How to specify bibliography in metadata
       [not found] ` <alpine.OSX.2.03.1801041059120.8428-WEgwVTkZBn3/PtFMR13I2A@public.gmane.org>
@ 2018-01-04 16:26   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <20180104162629.GC15709-9Rnp8PDaXcadBw3G0RLmbRFnWt+6NQIA@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2018-01-04 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

You're missing

    --filter pandoc-citeproc

This is added implicitly when you use --bibilography on the
command line (for backwards compatibility), but not when you
have 'references' in the metadata.

+++ Aditya Mahajan [Jan 04 18 11:04 ]:

@ 2018-01-04 16:41       ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2018-01-04 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)