* Output file with APA citations rather than default citation style
@ 2018-01-08  4:16 sigintel18-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w
       [not found] ` <3e9e6d10-8080-493f-81de-67b2cc658bd8-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: sigintel18-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w @ 2018-01-08  4:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hello,

I hope I haven't missed something obvious, but I cannot find an answer to
this so I'm turning to the discussion forum.

Context:  I am doing academic writing with a markdown editor, Sublime Text
3, and am using Zotero for my citation manager.  I have installed Better
BibLaTeX into Zotero to generate the appropriate citation keys for my
writing.  I am using Pandoc to generate a standalone .rft file from my
Sublime Text .md file.  The .md file contains my citation keys.  All that
is working fine and the file converts perfectly with all markdown syntax
and citations.  However, the default citation style for Pandoc seems to be
Chicago and I need my citations formatted in APA 6th.

Here is my conversion code that I run in Windows command line: pandoc
Lorem.md --library.bib -s -o New_Lorem.rtf

Question: How do I have Pandoc convert my output file using APA 6th edition
citations instead of Chicago?

Thanks in advance for any help and apologies in advance if this is an
obvious solution.

- Mike

* Re: Output file with APA citations rather than default citation style
       [not found] ` <3e9e6d10-8080-493f-81de-67b2cc658bd8-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2018-01-08  7:45   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <20180108074500.GD40279-9Rnp8PDaXcadBw3G0RLmbRFnWt+6NQIA@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2018-01-08  7:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Get the CSL file you need from the style repository:
https://www.zotero.org/styles

Then pass this to pandoc using

    --csl name-of-the-apa-file.csl

or put

    csl: name-of-the-apa-file.csl

in your markdown metadata.

+++ sigintel18-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org [Jan 07 18 20:16 ]:

@ 2018-01-08  7:46   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <20180108074634.GE40279-9Rnp8PDaXcadBw3G0RLmbRFnWt+6NQIA@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2018-01-08  7:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

PS. I hope this is a typo

+++ sigintel18-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org [Jan 07 18 20:16 ]:
>   Here is my conversion code that I run in Windows command line: pandoc
>   Lorem.md --library.bib -s -o New_Lorem.rtf

You mean, I assume

    pandoc Lorem.md --bibliography library.bib -s -o New_Lorem.rtf

@ 2018-01-08 14:48       ` sigintel18-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w
From: sigintel18-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w @ 2018-01-08 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Ah, yes. That was a typo.  The command I've been using is as you wrote it.

@ 2018-01-08 15:43       ` sigintel18-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w
From: sigintel18-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w @ 2018-01-08 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss