* ANSI escape sequences in jupyter notebook output cells
@ 2022-09-20 14:59 Meik Hellmund
       [not found] ` <956e8385-8b5f-49de-a74a-cc62f84be526n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Meik Hellmund @ 2022-09-20 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

'jupyter nbconvert' is able to produce colored  output in HTML and LaTeX
from ipynb files with output colored and styled by ANSI escape sequences. I
think
https://github.com/jupyter/nbconvert/blob/main/nbconvert/filters/ansi.py is
the relevant code.

Is it possible to implement this by a pandoc filter? If I understand
https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/issues/5633 correctly,  those escape
sequences are already missing in the AST presented to a filter. Would it be
possible to have an option that keeps them?

Many thanks for a great software and years of development and maintenance!
Meik

* Re: ANSI escape sequences in jupyter notebook output cells
       [not found] ` <956e8385-8b5f-49de-a74a-cc62f84be526n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2022-09-20 18:01   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <A2514F6B-C5E9-4815-A15B-06570F1DA399-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2022-09-20 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

The ANSI escapes are stripped out of the code block unless the output format is ipynb OR `--ipynb-output=all` is used.
So, if you use that command-line option, you could write a filter that does something with the ANSI escapes.

@ 2022-09-21 10:14       ` Meik Hellmund
       [not found]         ` <5f877bed-697b-481c-9604-c5d69168eda9n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Meik Hellmund @ 2022-09-21 10:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Ah, thank you! I  totally misunderstood the meaning of `--ipynb-output`.
So  I can start playing around with a lua filter.
I want to use this filter with Quarto. Then I will  need  the original
meaning/effect of `ipynb-output=best`, too.
Rewrite your ` filterIpynbOutput` function in Lua?

Best regards, Meik

@ 2022-09-21 17:31           ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]             ` <C06A9D62-D18A-45A0-B1A8-CC0C7917AB1D-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2022-09-21 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

You could perhaps output to native (using the filter and --ipynb-output=all), then read in the native and output your desired format using --ipynb-output=best?

@ 2022-09-26 19:06               ` Meik Hellmund
From: Meik Hellmund @ 2022-09-26 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss