* Two questions: Markdown blockdowns to be rendered in .docx? And how do I input Zotero citations in pandoc/the plugin in Obsidian.md
@ 2021-11-25  9:34         ` Paul
       [not found]           ` <d39a9f74-595a-40d3-9a1a-51cb401ba457n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Paul @ 2021-11-25  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Obsidian.md does blockquotes like in emails with a ">"; but in a .docx it
doesn't do anything with it. I tried the argument "-f
markdown-blank_before_blockquote" but that doesn't seem to do anything.

Is there a way to have an argument so that in the .docx blockquotes have a
greater indent than the rest of the text?
---
And also, I'm having trouble with citations. Is it possible to have an
"automatic" bibliography at the end of a document if the text includes a
citation somehow? I tried stuff like --citeproc and --csl and
--bibliography, giving it the path to the files but I kept getting error
messages (among others "error status 1") which I can't find anything
online.

My goal would be to have it act like the Zotero plugin in Word/Libreoffice
where you have the parenthetical citation in the text and then it can
append the bibliography at the end.

Thanks!

* Re: Two questions: Markdown blockdowns to be rendered in .docx? And how do I input Zotero citations in pandoc/the plugin in Obsidian.md
       [not found]           ` <d39a9f74-595a-40d3-9a1a-51cb401ba457n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-11-25  9:36             ` Paul
From: Paul @ 2021-11-25  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

The title is supposed to be "Markdown blockQUOTES"

On Thursday, November 25, 2021 at 10:34:41 a.m. UTC+1 Paul wrote:

> Obsidian.md does blockquotes like in emails with a ">"; but in a .docx it
> doesn't do anything with it. I tried the argument "-f
> markdown-blank_before_blockquote" but that doesn't seem to do anything.
>
> Is there a way to have an argument so that in the .docx blockquotes have a
> greater indent than the rest of the text?
> ---
> And also, I'm having trouble with citations. Is it possible to have an
> "automatic" bibliography at the end of a document if the text includes a
> citation somehow? I tried stuff like --citeproc and --csl and
> --bibliography, giving it the path to the files but I kept getting error
> messages (among others "error status 1") which I can't find anything
> online.
>
> My goal would be to have it act like the Zotero plugin in Word/Libreoffice
> where you have the parenthetical citation in the text and then it can
> append the bibliography at the end.
>
> Thanks!

* AW: Two questions: Markdown blockdowns to be rendered in .docx? And how do I input Zotero citations in pandoc/the plugin in Obsidian.md
       [not found]           ` <d39a9f74-595a-40d3-9a1a-51cb401ba457n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-11-25  9:38             ` denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0
       [not found]               ` <dcfbaebc259d4f289412e28f89a9f7a2-NSENcxR/0n0@public.gmane.org>
From: denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0 @ 2021-11-25  9:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Pandoc usually creates blockquotes in word with an appropriate style. So you can just change the style to whatever you like. Once you’re happy with the styling you can just save the file and reuse it later via the –reference-doc option.

Citations should just work, and I can tell you what these error messages mean. Can you please post a complete yet minimal working example together with your command line.

Denis

@ 2021-11-25 10:44                 ` Paul
       [not found]                   ` <149126b9-5c74-49d9-86fd-b3d4de41982fn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Paul @ 2021-11-25 10:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Ok, I have a "reference.docx" in my ~/.pandoc folder (I'm on Linux Mint)
and just formated one paragraph as Quotation in Libreoffice Writer (see
attachment). However, when I exported my .md file from Obsidian to docx
file it didn't change anything in the docx. I try exporting my "test.md"
and it does not take the formatting into the "test.docx". See attachment
for both.

On Thursday, November 25, 2021 at 10:38:59 a.m. UTC+1 denis...-NSENcxR/0n0@public.gmane.org
wrote:

> Pandoc usually creates blockquotes in word with an appropriate style. So
> you can just change the style to whatever you like. Once you’re happy with
> the styling you can just save the file and reuse it later via the
> –reference-doc option.
>

> Citations should just work, and I can tell you what these error messages
> mean. Can you please post a complete yet minimal working example together
> with your command line.
>

> Denis

[-- Attachment #2: test.md --]
[-- Type: text/markdown, Size: 3692 bytes --]

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Aenean consectetur ullamcorper sagittis. Phasellus consectetur ac odio nec egestas. Praesent facilisis nisl augue, non dignissim neque fermentum in. Aliquam ut rutrum turpis. Cras et est at ligula elementum lacinia vel in orci. Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per conubia nostra, per inceptos himenaeos. Phasellus pretium egestas urna, ac accumsan metus feugiat quis. Vestibulum pellentesque justo sit amet posuere ornare. Donec efficitur velit mi, eu pretium tortor lobortis ac.

> Duis non mollis metus, ac interdum lacus. Vestibulum porta finibus urna convallis dignissim. Morbi vitae pellentesque mauris, vitae varius est. Morbi lacinia pulvinar lacinia. Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci luctus et ultrices posuere cubilia curae; Vestibulum fringilla lacus ut fringilla euismod. Integer sed facilisis risus. Sed fringilla, est ac venenatis congue, leo mauris fringilla justo, eu rutrum eros nibh eget nunc. Vestibulum interdum, mi id aliquet egestas, ipsum urna finibus sapien, vel ullamcorper lorem arcu at libero.

Mauris et dictum sem. Cras vehicula turpis ac dapibus efficitur. Phasellus venenatis metus interdum nisi auctor, non convallis tellus mollis. In hac habitasse platea dictumst. Sed ac est lacus. Sed et maximus eros. Nullam pharetra dolor ipsum, non laoreet orci euismod id. Donec tincidunt vehicula lacus ut rhoncus. Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci luctus et ultrices posuere cubilia curae; In euismod dignissim nisl in ultricies. Vivamus varius porta lorem eget dapibus. Aenean tincidunt leo semper, sollicitudin nibh ornare, porta erat. Vestibulum tempus dictum malesuada.

Donec mattis sollicitudin libero, quis elementum orci hendrerit vel. Fusce ultricies pretium tincidunt. Vestibulum tempor tristique nisl, sit amet luctus nisl rhoncus a. Vivamus sapien orci, lobortis in dictum nec, condimentum vitae orci. Maecenas consectetur nunc a nulla auctor volutpat. Ut vestibulum ac risus et suscipit. Vivamus sagittis odio bibendum, faucibus tellus ut, tempor erat. Vivamus congue augue elit, ac blandit nisi pretium in. Proin quis arcu est. Vestibulum dictum varius augue eget malesuada. Nulla pellentesque consequat turpis. Proin elementum justo tellus, a tincidunt risus semper fermentum. Phasellus quis interdum est. Sed eget consectetur justo. Nulla tempus tortor nec elementum consequat. Fusce et risus rhoncus, tincidunt purus et, euismod risus.

In eleifend lorem sit amet lorem egestas, id malesuada dui cursus. Phasellus aliquam dui justo, eget porttitor tortor semper in. Praesent blandit fermentum libero, at ullamcorper orci convallis id. Nullam ac lacinia arcu. Etiam pulvinar placerat ipsum, dapibus auctor elit finibus a. Curabitur cursus nunc et viverra blandit. Donec quis justo eget purus ultrices pharetra. Suspendisse posuere nisi dolor, nec lobortis lectus tempus ac.

Donec mattis sollicitudin libero, quis elementum orci hendrerit vel. Fusce ultricies pretium tincidunt. Vestibulum tempor tristique nisl, sit amet luctus nisl rhoncus a. Vivamus sapien orci, lobortis in dictum nec, condimentum vitae orci. Maecenas consectetur nunc a nulla auctor volutpat. Ut vestibulum ac risus et suscipit. Vivamus sagittis odio bibendum, faucibus tellus ut, tempor erat. Vivamus congue augue elit, ac blandit nisi pretium in. Proin quis arcu est. Vestibulum dictum varius augue eget malesuada. Nulla pellentesque consequat turpis. Proin elementum justo tellus, a tincidunt risus semper fermentum. Phasellus quis interdum est. Sed eget consectetur justo. Nulla tempus tortor nec elementum consequat. Fusce et risus rhoncus, tincidunt purus et, euismod risus.

[-- Attachment #3: reference.docx --]
[-- Type: application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document, Size: 7469 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #4: test.docx --]
[-- Type: application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document, Size: 11344 bytes --]

@ 2021-11-25 10:47                     ` Paul
       [not found]                       ` <2d805d26-35c9-489a-a7d6-9229c47abdccn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Paul @ 2021-11-25 10:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I created a new library in Zotero called "test" and put a book into it. I
exported it via "Better CSL JSON" in Zotero to "test.json" (attached). I
then put the argument "--bibliography ~/.pandoc/test.json" into the field
"Extra Pandoc arguments" in the Obsidian plugin settings. Then I get the
following error message when I try to convert test.md to a .docx file:
"Pandoc export failed: Could not find bibliography file:
~/.pandoc/test.json Error running filter pandoc-citeproc: Filter returned
error status 1"

Any ideas?

On Thursday, November 25, 2021 at 11:44:10 a.m. UTC+1 Paul wrote:

> Ok, I have a "reference.docx" in my ~/.pandoc folder (I'm on Linux Mint)
> and just formated one paragraph as Quotation in Libreoffice Writer (see
> attachment). However, when I exported my .md file from Obsidian to docx
> file it didn't change anything in the docx. I try exporting my "test.md"
> and it does not take the formatting into the "test.docx". See attachment
> for both.
>

> On Thursday, November 25, 2021 at 10:38:59 a.m. UTC+1 denis...-NSENcxR/0n0@public.gmane.org
> wrote:
>
>> Pandoc usually creates blockquotes in word with an appropriate style. So
>> you can just change the style to whatever you like. Once you’re happy with
>> the styling you can just save the file and reuse it later via the
>> –reference-doc option.
>>

>> Citations should just work, and I can tell you what these error messages
>> mean. Can you please post a complete yet minimal working example
>> together with your command line.
>>

>> Denis

[-- Attachment #2: test.json --]
[-- Type: application/json, Size: 543 bytes --]

@ 2021-11-25 10:48                         ` denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0
From: denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0 @ 2021-11-25 10:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

pandoc-citeproc is obsolete. I don’t know Obsidian.md, but maybe they rely on an older pandoc version ?

Denis

@ 2021-11-25 10:50                     ` denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0
       [not found]                       ` <8d5f787a8cda49eaafb035108701f842-NSENcxR/0n0@public.gmane.org>
From: denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0 @ 2021-11-25 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

For debugging you’ll maybe want to have the reference.docx in the same folder where you have you’re markdown files. Then run pandoc manually from there manually on the command line.

Denis

@ 2021-11-25 10:55                         ` Paul
       [not found]                           ` <1e4006ef-6b16-4903-8018-aab574b80709n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Paul @ 2021-11-25 10:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Ok, I put reference.docx into the same folder and then ran "pandoc -o
test.docx test.md" in terminal which gave me the exact same result?

@ 2021-11-25 10:56                             ` denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0
       [not found]                               ` <48a1be1b1c754582a950b4e3bfd4effd-NSENcxR/0n0@public.gmane.org>
From: denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0 @ 2021-11-25 10:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

try pandoc -o test.docx test.md –reference-doc=reference.docx

@ 2021-11-25 11:01                                 ` Paul
       [not found]                                   ` <0802270c-6213-43fb-bc92-04f520677f64n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Paul @ 2021-11-25 11:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

It takes my header but note the text formatting...

@ 2021-11-25 11:04                                     ` denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0
       [not found]                                       ` <c60716363f7248ff96ec7d37c71696fb-NSENcxR/0n0@public.gmane.org>
From: denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0 @ 2021-11-25 11:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Sorry, I can’t follow. What do you mean ?

@ 2021-11-25 11:09                                         ` Paul
       [not found]                                           ` <17a9ccee-c3db-4995-93b4-af27425a66e3n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Paul @ 2021-11-25 11:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

The resulting .docx file uses the header (the "name" and page number) on
the top of the page, but the other formatting, such as double spaced lines
and the thing with the blockquote is ignored.

@ 2021-11-25 18:06                                             ` Alan
       [not found]                                               ` <317c9cb2-39a0-4fa0-9189-c0c7b7d71c05n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Alan @ 2021-11-25 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

There is a pandoc command to copy the default template file to dir, but I
cant revoke it. After that you can edit that file and include in your
pandoc command.

@ 2021-11-25 19:49                                                 ` denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0
       [not found]                                                   ` <23ff9996b71148d5887eb79f717ed9ec-NSENcxR/0n0@public.gmane.org>
From: denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0 @ 2021-11-25 19:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

The command is `pandoc -D format`, e.g. `pandoc -D latex > latex.template`. But: That does not work with reference documents for word.

@ 2021-11-26 13:30                                                     ` Paul
From: Paul @ 2021-11-26 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss