* wkhtmltopdf
@ 2016-11-11  9:37 Matthias Hüning
       [not found] ` <5d13060d-f12a-4014-ab8e-f5ec39b4b708-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Matthias Hüning @ 2016-11-11  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I wanted to give PDF-conversion via wkhtmltopdf a try, but I get a 'not
found' error.
However, wkhtmltopdf is installed:

~ $ pandoc -t html5 -o test.pdf test.md'
> pandoc: wkhtmltopdf not found. wkhtmltopdf is needed for pdf output.
>
> ~ $ wkhtmltopdf -V
> wkhtmltopdf 0.12.3 (with patched qt)

Any ideas/suggestions?

Matthias

* Re: wkhtmltopdf
       [not found] ` <5d13060d-f12a-4014-ab8e-f5ec39b4b708-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2016-11-12  0:29   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <20161112002929.GF77829-jF64zX8BO0/xZR0Txf6TOv112/MQ1Lpv@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2016-11-12  0:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

That's puzzling.  What does 'which wkhtmltopdf' say?
Is it in your PATH?  Do you have a symlink to wkhtmltopdf or
anything unusual?

+++ Matthias Hüning [Nov 11 16 01:37 ]:
>   Hi,
>   I wanted to give PDF-conversion via wkhtmltopdf a try, but I get a 'not
>   found' error.
>   However, wkhtmltopdf is installed:
>
>     ~ $ pandoc -t html5 -o test.pdf test.md'
>     pandoc: wkhtmltopdf not found. wkhtmltopdf is needed for pdf output.
>     ~ $ wkhtmltopdf -V
>     wkhtmltopdf 0.12.3 (with patched qt)
>
>   Any ideas/suggestions?
>   Matthias
>
>   --
>   To view this discussion on the web visit
>   [3]https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/5d13060d-f12a-4014-
>   ab8e-f5ec39b4b708%40googlegroups.com.
>
>References

>   2. mailto:pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org
>   3. https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/5d13060d-f12a-4014-ab8e-f5ec39b4b708-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
>   4. https://groups.google.com/d/optout

* Re: wkhtmltopdf
       [not found]     ` <20161112002929.GF77829-jF64zX8BO0/xZR0Txf6TOv112/MQ1Lpv@public.gmane.org>
@ 2016-11-12  8:19       ` Matthias Hüning
       [not found]         ` <b32203f1-0b29-45dd-92ac-6d01b615d10d-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Matthias Hüning @ 2016-11-12  8:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Thanks, John! You are right: turns out to be a problem of my local
installation of wkhtmltopdf.
I should have looked into this more thoroughly before posting. Sorry!

- Matthias

@ 2017-11-17 14:06           ` T M
       [not found]             ` <c44931c4-6dc1-4d31-b2ce-2b976fb8e952-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: T M @ 2017-11-17 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hi Matthias,

I have the same problem. I've tried installing both with pip & conda, and
which wkhtmltopdf still return nothing. However, when I do conda list -n
py27 the package is there. What was your problem?

* Re: wkhtmltopdf
       [not found]             ` <c44931c4-6dc1-4d31-b2ce-2b976fb8e952-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2017-11-17 14:54               ` Matthias Hüning
From: Matthias Hüning @ 2017-11-17 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)