* Pandoc-based project
@ 2016-04-04 23:06 ctarwater
From: ctarwater @ 2016-04-04 23:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss+owners

------=_Part_54_978272922.1459811163445

Hi,

I just finished up a pandoc-based project that focuses on fiction and combines Jekyll and Pandoc to manage multiple books.
I didn't want to post it directly to the group at risk of looking like spam, but I did want to say thank you for Pandoc.

I've been formatting print/ebook novels for about 5 years and was never very happy with my tool set. Pandoc is amazing.

I had zero Pandoc/LaTeX experience as of about 2 weeks ago and now I've created a custom XeTeX template that creates a valid (passes Adobe Preflight) PDF X-1a file that is print ready for 6x9 Createspace printing. I'm sure the template is ugly and I've still got a LOT to learn, but I have a working result and for that I'm thankful. I couldn't have done it without Pandoc and your default templates.

If you're interested in it, here's the project: https://github.com/chrisanthropic/Jekyll-Publisher

Thanks again,
Chris.
------=_Part_54_978272922.1459811163445--

only message in thread, other threads:[~2016-04-04 23:06 UTC | newest]