Thanks all for the feedback. It would be nice to have citeproc for HTML too. I guess it won't take too much effort for it. In the meantime, I would like to create some Lua filters that will cover several cases but I'm a newbie to Lua. I created a case for the first case [@test1], but I'm not able to implement for i.e [@test1; @test2]. How can I return a list of cites? This is my Lua filter: function Str(el) local citekey = el.text:match("[[]@(%w+)[]]") if citekey then local citation = pandoc.Citation(citekey, 'NormalCitation') return pandoc.Cite({pandoc.Str(citekey)}, {citation}) end end Any help will be appreciated. Thanks On Tuesday, November 8, 2022 at 10:22:05 AM UTC+1 wlu...-QSt+ys/nuMyEUIsrzH9SikB+6BGkLq7r@public.gmane.org wrote: > Re this: > > > Ok, I probably missed in the Pandoc citeproc doc that doesn't mention > that supports only MD, so I thought it would work for all formats with > pattern @test. > > The @test citation syntax is defined under the citations extension > (with target > 'extension-citations'). This is within the 'Pandoc's Markdown' section and > so perhaps applies only to markdown. > > However, there's another citations extension > (with target > 'org-citations') in the 'Extensions -> Other extensions' section, and this > describes its usage within org and docx documents. > > This little shell script illustrates that the 'citations' extension is > supported for docx, ipynb, jats, markdown (+variants), opml and org, and is > enabled by default for markdown, opml and org. > > % for i in $(pandoc --list-input-formats); do echo -n $i:; pandoc > --list-extensions=$i | grep citations || echo; done | grep ':.citations' > docx:-citations > ipynb:-citations > markdown:+citations > markdown_github:-citations > markdown_mmd:-citations > markdown_phpextra:-citations > markdown_strict:-citations > opml:+citations > org:+citations > > So I think that (not surprisingly?) the 'citations' syntax supported by a > given input format (if supported) is a function of that input format. The > supported format is clear for markdown (+variants?), org and docx but > perhaps not for ipynb and opml. > > I think that it might be useful to clarify some of this in the man page? > Please let me know if I should create an issue. > > On Tue, 8 Nov 2022 at 08:21, Albert Krewinkel > wrote: > >> >> Mladen Babic writes: >> >> > What I actually want to do is when the user uploads the DOCX file, >> > Pandoc converts the file to HTML and shows it to the HTML editor for >> > additional editing by the user and converts it back to DOCX. >> > After converting to Html, the system (my app) will replace current >> > cites in HTML cite i.e. [1] with the key from the .bib file (like in >> > my case [@test1] so the citeproc will know how to process it. >> >> That's an interesting use case. I don't have any immediate ideas; going >> via Markdown might be the best option. >> >> But please make sure to also checkout [OS-APS], an open-source >> project that uses pandoc for some of the document conversions. Going >> from your description it sounds like it could be exactly what you need. >> I've added Frederik from that org to CC, he may be able give more info. >> >> [OS-APS]: https://os-aps.de >> >> -- >> Albert Krewinkel >> GPG: 8eed e3e2 e8c5 6f18 81fe e836 388d c0b2 1f63 1124 >> >> -- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> "pandoc-discuss" group. >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >> email to pandoc-discus...-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org >> To view this discussion on the web visit >> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/87r0ydoo0n.fsf%40zeitkraut.de >> . >> > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/b4d87a5f-0eaf-4cfb-82cd-5699aad36402n%40googlegroups.com.