I did this with LaTeX and memoir: in my case, I only wanted a shorter title in the page headings. I kept the full title in the table of contents. These are the relevant functions from my filter: -- Print a formatted warning to stderr function warnf (...) io.stderr:write(string.format(...)) end function Header (el) -- Replace heading with raw LaTeX if pageheading is used to specify a -- shorter form of the title to use in page headers. if el.attributes.pageheading then local commands = {'chapter', 'section', 'subsection'} if el.level > #commands then warnf('pageheading attribute not supported for level %d headings', el.level) return el end -- Produce LaTeX like pandoc does, but with two additional arguments -- to specify a short for of the page heading to memoir. local title = pandoc.utils.stringify(el) local latexStr = string.format('\\%s[%s][%s]{%s}', commands[el.level], title, el.attributes.pageheading, title) local label = string.format('\\label{%s}', el.identifier) -- wrap in hypertarget latexStr = string.format('\\hypertarget{%s}{%%\n%s%s}', el.identifier, latexStr, label) return pandoc.RawBlock('latex', latexStr) end end On Wednesday, June 30, 2021 at 1:37:00 AM UTC+2 John MacFarlane wrote: > > Not easy. You could write a filter that builds the > relevant section command, but that might break other > things because the LaTeX writer won't see a heading > there (not sure). > > It might be a good idea to have pandoc do this automatically. > > "'Nick Bart' via pandoc-discuss" > writes: > > > Is there any way to have pandoc output LaTeX code like > > > > \section[Short Section Title]{Long Section Title} > > > > from pandoc markdown containing both versions as in the following (but > not necessarily given in this exact syntax)? > > > > # Long Section Title {short_title="Short Section Title"} > > > > -- > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google > Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. > > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send > an email to pandoc-discus...-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org > > To view this discussion on the web visit > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/4p2Sx0e_CqUgNm9ZcXR064fya9gybYYDVBTVMMIL9p1m2ynHgBzs30shkkVJnu0l2RqSKghQo5oi10jSV33BS6IBsvIhBhtyoExu-d3p3Kc%3D%40protonmail.com > . > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/bc3ac76b-306d-4ab4-9a33-6acdd2d2a38fn%40googlegroups.com.