I am a bit sloppy typing italics in my wordprocessor, and generally only turn off the italics after I hit the space at the end of the word, so I end up with markdown output that looks like this (when I convert from rtf to md): Strictly speaking the qualities that are imposed by the *logos *of a certain thing are the *activities *of the *logos* This looks ugly when I open it up in Emacs etc. I can fix these with regex replace in Emacs; but I thought pandoc had normalization by default now, which is supposed to fix these kinds of stylistic errors? I tried passing the markdown again through pandoc, to generate markdown, but it made no difference. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/bd84993b-b1cd-4128-aab2-ce1eff2c9768n%40googlegroups.com.