* BIBTEX in ePub?
@ 2020-04-07 12:47 Ben Wilson
       [not found] ` <75ebd28f-1e80-4af7-a541-466f85aa0ce2-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Ben Wilson @ 2020-04-07 12:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I've not found an answer to this yet, so asking on the off chance someone
can point me in the right direction. I would like to create both an ePUB
and PDF of Markdown with a Bibtex file using Pandoc. It looks like the only
sane way is to convert the Markdown to PDF, which takes me through LaTeX,
then use something like Calibre's ebook-convert commandline to do the rest.
Is there a vanilla Pandoc way?

Thanks in advance.

* Re: BIBTEX in ePub?
       [not found] ` <75ebd28f-1e80-4af7-a541-466f85aa0ce2-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-04-07 15:21   ` Ben Wilson
       [not found]     ` <5dd24a1c-f0d4-4856-a3df-3c50f67cb14d-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Ben Wilson @ 2020-04-07 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

It looks like the happy path is to transpile from Markdown to Tex to ePub
to get Bibtex to work.

On Tuesday, April 7, 2020 at 8:47:57 AM UTC-4, Ben Wilson wrote:

> I've not found an answer to this yet, so asking on the off chance someone
> can point me in the right direction. I would like to create both an ePUB
> and PDF of Markdown with a Bibtex file using Pandoc. It looks like the only
> sane way is to convert the Markdown to PDF, which takes me through LaTeX,
> then use something like Calibre's ebook-convert commandline to do the rest.
> Is there a vanilla Pandoc way?
>
> Thanks in advance.

* Re: BIBTEX in ePub?
       [not found]     ` <5dd24a1c-f0d4-4856-a3df-3c50f67cb14d-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-04-07 15:45       ` Christophe Demko
From: Christophe Demko @ 2020-04-07 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

You can use pandoc to replace all your citations:

pandoc --filter pandoc-citeproc -t markdown-citations --bibliography
biblio.bib

Le mardi 7 avril 2020 17:21:33 UTC+2, Ben Wilson a écrit :

> It looks like the happy path is to transpile from Markdown to Tex to ePub
> to get Bibtex to work.
>
> On Tuesday, April 7, 2020 at 8:47:57 AM UTC-4, Ben Wilson wrote:
>>
>> I've not found an answer to this yet, so asking on the off chance someone
>> can point me in the right direction. I would like to create both an ePUB
>> and PDF of Markdown with a Bibtex file using Pandoc. It looks like the only
>> sane way is to convert the Markdown to PDF, which takes me through LaTeX,
>> then use something like Calibre's ebook-convert commandline to do the rest.
>> Is there a vanilla Pandoc way?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.

* Re: BIBTEX in ePub?
       [not found] ` <75ebd28f-1e80-4af7-a541-466f85aa0ce2-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-04-07 16:37   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <m2369fi753.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2020-04-07 16:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ben Wilson, pandoc-discuss

Have you tried using pandoc to go directly to epub?

pandoc input.md -o output.epub --filter pandoc-citeproc --bibliography yourbib.bib

Also you can adjust the style -- see the manual on using CSL styles.

Ben Wilson <dausha-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> writes:

> I've not found an answer to this yet, so asking on the off chance someone
> can point me in the right direction. I would like to create both an ePUB
> and PDF of Markdown with a Bibtex file using Pandoc. It looks like the only
> sane way is to convert the Markdown to PDF, which takes me through LaTeX,
> then use something like Calibre's ebook-convert commandline to do the rest.
> Is there a vanilla Pandoc way?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> --

* Re: BIBTEX in ePub?