From: Joshua <joshua.kerr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
To: pandoc-discuss <pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: Formatting of "ibid" in v2.11.x
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2020 11:57:56 -0800 (PST)	[thread overview]

Yes Denis, that's right: suppressing the author inserts parentheses into
the mix, unfortunately. (It would also involve manually tracking the
citations and adjusting them any time the order changed.) The more I think
about it, though, the more I realize that if pandoc has trouble with
"ibid," I might just switch to a style that does not use "ibid" at all.
Staying with pandoc v2.10 is not really a long-term solution, and pandoc is
more important to me than any particular style guide!

Joshua