*I can Sorry for the misleading typo... I didn't mean you to do that... lol On Thursday, November 23, 2023 at 12:03:51 AM UTC-5 Hypatia wrote: > I just asked about a similar thing: > https://github.com/quarto-dev/quarto-cli/discussions/7679. > > I'm going to see if you can hack up something based on your code. Thanks a > lot! > > On Tuesday, November 14, 2023 at 3:27:53 AM UTC-5 Guillaume Dehaene wrote: > >> Yes, that's correct. This is a smart-margin feature. >> >> It wouldn't be too hard technically and probably desirable to annotate >> individual elements of an equation block >> (for example, consider highlighting a term being moved from one side of >> the equal side to the other in two successive equations) >> However, I've run into two design / UX issues when considering this case: >> - in the final HTML, how would the user interact with the annotation: >> - to see that an element is annotated (needs to work with nested >> annotations, with multiple annotations, etc) >> - to see which elements are concerned by the currently-displayed >> annotation (without interfering with the "is annotated" styling of the >> other elements of the equation block) >> etc >> - how would the writer specify the annotation, in a way that isn't too >> disruptive of their normal workflow? >> - this is the bigger issue for me. without a rich-text editor which >> supports highlighting of individual math elements, I don't know how to >> handle this >> >> even If I had a great answer, there remains the issue of hacking it >> inside of MathJax. >> At this point, it might be better to actually fork their code, instead of >> writing something a posteriori >> >> I'd love to have it as a feature someday, but it's in the distant future. >> >> Le lun. 13 nov. 2023 à 17:32, Gwern Branwen a écrit : >> >>> So this does not let you annotate individual elements of the equation to >>> provide popups/links or color them, but is only whole-equation level and >>> basically a way to a margin-note/sidenote that aligns nicely with the >>> equation? >>> >>> -- >>> gwern >>> https://gwern.net >>> >>> -- >>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google >>> Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. >>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send >>> an email to pandoc-discus...-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org >>> To view this discussion on the web visit >>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CAMwO0gzAOVy1QkYuR1MRwnGix%2BKsJJKfSMdFQka97jTUabQLQg%40mail.gmail.com >>> >>> . >>> >> -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/c0cc24db-dcf7-4b6d-8d4f-a15a27fa2f82n%40googlegroups.com.