Thank you. Using https://flamingtempura.github.io/bibtex-tidy/ helped me isolate the problem. There is a problem with this entry: @Book{ nidotte2014, editor = {Moises Silva}, title = {The New International Dictionary of New Testament Theology and Exegesis}, article = {μένω], entry = {μένω], address = {Grand Rapids}, volume = {3}, publisher = {Zondervan}, year = 2014, } Since https://flamingtempura.github.io/bibtex-tidy/ highlighted the first portion of the entry only @Book{ nid, I assumed the problem was in that highlighted portion. Was it supposed to be @book{ with no capital letter, or something like that? Turns out the highlighting just means there is a problem somewhere in this bib entry. SOLUTION: I had incorrectly put a square bracket ] to close the two Greek entry fields. When I replaced those with the correct curly brackets } the problem was resolved. Pandoc now correctly processes my markdown file into an odt and gets the citations properly from my bib file. Thank you. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/c0d2f27f-0699-4113-824a-8442d97c5a51%40googlegroups.com.