* pandoc-citeproc error when processing bib file -- unexpected end of input
@ 2020-04-21 18:44 Thomas Hayes
       [not found] ` <66df21f5-9398-4f60-8223-80c2d6a44480-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Thomas Hayes @ 2020-04-21 18:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I am getting an error when trying to convert an md file to an odt. I am
using pandoc-citeproc, a bibliography file, and a csl. The command and the
error are as follows:

$ pandoc --filter=pandoc-citeproc --bibliography=bib.bib --csl=sbl.csl --
reference-doc=ref.odt --standalone input.md -o output.odt

Error reading bibliography ./bib.bib (line 902, column 1):
unexpected end of input
expecting "}", "\\" or "{"
Error running filter pandoc-citeproc:
Filter returned error status 1

My bib.bib file ends in this way:

@Article{ young1999,
 author = {Pamela Dickey Young},
 title = {The Fatherhood of God at the Turn of Another Millennium},
 shorttitle = {The Fatherhood of God at the Turn of Another Millennium},
 journal = {Semeia},
 volume = {85},
 pages = {195-202},
 year = 1999,
}

I have tried removing the final blank line from the bib.bib file, so that
the last line only contains the single character } but I still get the same
error.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled pandoc-citeproc, but I still get the
same error.

How can I fix this error and get pandoc to turn my markdown file into an
odt with proper citations from my bib file?

* Re: pandoc-citeproc error when processing bib file -- unexpected end of input
       [not found] ` <66df21f5-9398-4f60-8223-80c2d6a44480-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-04-21 19:29   ` Rik Kabel
       [not found]     ` <c6fcbe42-5f17-4688-bf45-1612773e8403-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Rik Kabel @ 2020-04-21 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

My guess is that the error is not in the last entry. There can be an
unmatched open paren or other issue anywhere above it, and the scan
terminates before finding the close, giving that error.

Check your complete bib file with a bibfile linter. See, for example,
https://flamingtempura.github.io/bibtex-tidy/.

@ 2020-04-22  3:13       ` Thomas Hayes
From: Thomas Hayes @ 2020-04-22  3:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss