This is a test of having the same work^[@cit, p9999] mentioned twice in the same document. If there is only one citation in the paper, then it thinks it can ignore the author altogether, except in the bibliography, so I had to include another work^[@cit2, p2] which may help. If I don't put the citations in the footnote style^[@cit, p1000] , the author names are put in the sentences. This is a test of having the same work ^[@cit2, p1000] mentioned twice in the same document. Here is the command I issued. No pdf template needed. ``````` pandoc DoubleCommaBugv2.txt --toc --variable mainfont="DejaVu Serif" --csl=../../csl/modern-humanities-research-association.csl --bibliography=DoubleComma.bib --chapters --latex-engine=xelatex -V hyphenate=false -V links-as-notes -N -o DoubleComma.pdf ``````````