* Index of picture sources in Markdown
@ 2023-05-14 15:32 'Marek Stepanek' via pandoc-discuss
       [not found] ` <26DA151C-9D95-4558-BC46-8AD1BBC81E19-gM/Ye1E23mwN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: 'Marek Stepanek' via pandoc-discuss @ 2023-05-14 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Hello all,

I have a huge file of a novel, with historic illustrations (Anna Karenina, in three languages). These illustrations are already indexed. But I would like to have a separate index from the origins of these pictures just before the bibliography. Would this possible in Markdown - probably with a Lua-Filter? Or in LaTeX inserted into Markdown?

I would be very grateful for any hint

Marek Stepanek

* Re: Index of picture sources in Markdown
       [not found] ` <26DA151C-9D95-4558-BC46-8AD1BBC81E19-gM/Ye1E23mwN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2023-05-15  8:32   ` BPJ
       [not found]     ` <CADAJKhA+DNaqnBEP+JHN8J5eP0OFJjb2cguwDF1LgDGscpcaCg-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: BPJ @ 2023-05-15  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

There are LaTeX packages which support multiple indexes:

https://ctan.org/topic/index-multi?lang=en

 It would of course depend on how you generate the `\index{...}` commands
in Markdown.

I have been thinking of writing a filter which (ab)uses citation syntax to
generate index commands in LaTeX and index links in HTML/Markdown + a file
from which an HTML/Markdown index can be generated with a script. Now that
you can run standalone scripts with `pandoc lua` the latter may be easier
to do.

@ 2023-05-17 16:45       ` 'Marek Stepanek' via pandoc-discuss
From: 'Marek Stepanek' via pandoc-discuss @ 2023-05-17 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Sorry for the late answer BPJ.

It sounds like a huge project for me, to add a separate "pictography" to my Markdown file. I will dig further into it, this weekend.

Some answers to your suggestions:

I generate in my Markdown file the bibliography not to the end, but at the beginning. The only means to produce it here was with a ugly html-snippet:

```
```

right? Good style?

My Makefile

```
typeset:
	pandoc                          	     				 \
	  --from         markdown       	     				 \
	  --to           latex	          	     				 \
	  --out			 anna_karenina_II.pdf				 \
	  --pdf-engine 	 xelatex								 \
	  --verbose												 \
	  --citeproc							 				 \
	  --csl 		 csl/din-1505-2-numeric-alphabetical.csl \
	  anna_karenina_II.md anna_karenina_II_1-10.md
```

But I have the feeling, I have to give up citeproc (?) It was working so well!

Probably I am wrong, but biblatex has no entries for images for example

@pic{pic:tolstoy1873,
    title =   {Portrait of Leo Tolstoy},
    painter = {Ivan Kramskoy},
    year = {1873},
    location = {Tretyakov Gallery, Moscow, Russia}
}

And my idea would be, to make an separate pictography for all entries beginning with `pic:` ... But I am dreaming ...

Thank you in any case for your answer

marek

@ 2023-05-18 14:50       ` Bernardo C. D. A. Vasconcelos
       [not found]         ` <c19d9830-7623-44b3-94ad-24889e2498cen-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Bernardo C. D. A. Vasconcelos @ 2023-05-18 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I did something like this using the `multiple-bibliographies` (along with
the `citation-backlinks`) filter and a custom CSL file to create a linked
index of authors and a glossary that worked both in LaTeX/PDF and HTML. So,
perhaps, there is no need for an additional filter.

@ 2023-05-23 16:27           ` 'Marek Stepanek' via pandoc-discuss
From: 'Marek Stepanek' via pandoc-discuss @ 2023-05-23 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

To finish this thread:

	I have a dream!

Perhaps there is hope, that this dream comes true!

I make an appeal to all of this savvy mailing-list:

Please make Biblatex or biber savvy too! I am wondering, why there is no possibility to enter the sources of images!!! Or am I missing something? An entry could be like follows:

@pic{pic:tolstoy1873,
    artist = {Ivan Kramskoy},
    title = {Portrait of Leo Tolstoy},
    technic = {<oil>|<chalkdrawing>|<engraving>|<photo>|...},
    location = {Tretyakov Gallery, Moscow, Russia},
    originalyear = {1873},
    reproduction = {<photographer>|<print>|...},
    url = {\url{<>}},
    urldate = {<last accessed>},
}

Or make pandoc a "Killer-App" that it is even cleverer than LaTeX itself: let citeproc create a pictography separated from bibliography. Hope some people feel stimulated in their ambition by this appeal!

greetings to all

marek