* New research document technology using Pandoc
@ 2023-11-04 14:33 E. Castedo Ellerman
       [not found] ` <83c21ee1-e4cd-45bb-88f5-285c24a28e52n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: E. Castedo Ellerman @ 2023-11-04 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Some Pandoc users might be interested in this new technology that stands on
the giant shoulders of Pandoc:

https://try.perm.pub/

As of release 3.1.9, Pandoc and the convenience authoring tool Baseprinter
<https://try.perm.pub/baseprinter/> both output
Baseprint Document Format (BDF) <https://baseprints.singlesource.pub/bdf/>.
To output BDF using only Pandoc (without Baseprinter),
visit https://try.perm.pub/pandoc.

Questions and feedback are welcome.

* Re: New research document technology using Pandoc
       [not found] ` <83c21ee1-e4cd-45bb-88f5-285c24a28e52n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2023-11-06  8:43   ` Guillaume Dehaene
       [not found]     ` <CAKOoOVV69XSKPTGAuXzZ5UVyLG=j0J_vUwMq5O9D69hLbo0rFg-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Guillaume Dehaene @ 2023-11-06  8:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Hello,

Thank you for your work on this project.

After spending 15mins reading through the doc at try.perm.pub and the
"manifesto" on perm.pub itself, I'm still a bit confused about some of the
key details of the project:
- what exactly is the overarching aim? As far as I can tell, this
constructs an arxiv-like structure of versioning for technical documents,
but hosting is decentralized (perm.pub only hosts links?) ?
- what formats can I use to author to perm.pub? Having read the two latex
based examples, I guess latex works, but can I do markdown? Can I do quarto
(an opinionated extension of pandoc markdown, www.quarto.org )? Can I do
docx / openofficewrite like some teams like to do? since I know this is
based on pandoc, I guess it's going to be somewhat flexible, but with
restrictions at some key points.

Best regards
Guillaume

@ 2023-11-06 16:48       ` E. Castedo Ellerman