* Running Pandoc via JavaScript?
@ 2021-08-25  8:57 Axel Rauschmayer
       [not found] ` <8f9a1732-06bc-446d-a566-005a4f1ab9f7n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Axel Rauschmayer @ 2021-08-25  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I’d like to use Pandoc as a Markdown parser from JavaScript in Node.js. I’m
aware of the following options:

   - Running Pandoc as a shell script, providing input via stdin and
   getting the output via stdout
   - Running Pandoc via WebAssembly:
   https://github.com/y-taka-23/wasm-pandoc

Any other tips or suggestions?

* Re: Running Pandoc via JavaScript?
       [not found] ` <8f9a1732-06bc-446d-a566-005a4f1ab9f7n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-08-25 13:29   ` Daniel Staal
       [not found]     ` <5d75f991-ac8c-ef59-97ba-5edfc0adb57e-Jdbf3xiKgS8@public.gmane.org>
From: Daniel Staal @ 2021-08-25 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

On 8/25/21 4:57 AM, Axel Rauschmayer wrote:
> I’d like to use Pandoc as a Markdown parser from JavaScript in Node.js.
> I’m aware of the following options:
>
>   * Running Pandoc as a shell script, providing input via stdin and
>     getting the output via stdout
>   * Running Pandoc via WebAssembly: https://github.com/y-taka-23/wasm-pandoc
>
> Any other tips or suggestions?

What's wrong with those options and/or what are you trying to do? Any
tips would be geared towards whatever issues you're trying to overcome.

Daniel T. Staal

local copyright law.

@ 2021-08-25 13:31       ` Axel Rauschmayer
       [not found]         ` <8cff6ffd-e85f-4937-a57c-b23093b72bben-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Axel Rauschmayer @ 2021-08-25 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Thanks for your reply!

These options are perfectly fine, I was mainly wondering if I was missing
anything simple and/or obvious.

My use case: Converting Markdown stored in files to HTML (one file at a
time).

@ 2021-08-26 12:43           ` Leon Bartz
From: Leon Bartz @ 2021-08-26 12:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss