* pandoc and revealjs r-fit-text and r-stretch?
@ 2022-01-05 21:06 Joseph Reagle
       [not found] ` <dffcab84-b283-2864-da6d-787851b6a3c3-T1oY19WcHSwdnm+yROfE0A@public.gmane.org>
From: Joseph Reagle @ 2022-01-05 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I'd love to use revealjs's `r-fit-text` and `r-stretch` [1] in the new year, but they don't work with decks generated by pandoc.

`r-fit-text` doesn't work because pandoc applies the class to both the heading and the section, and so the element gets a double dose of movement [2].

And an `img.r-stretch` must be a child of the section, and pandoc typically puts img in another element (e.g., `p`).

Does anyone have any hacks for using these? Or, if this pandoc generated structure isn't likely to change, perhaps we should put a request in to Hakim to accommodate the pandoc structure?

[1]: https://revealjs.com/layout/#fit-text
[2]: https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/issues/5965#issuecomment-862314880

* Re: pandoc and revealjs r-fit-text and r-stretch?
       [not found] ` <dffcab84-b283-2864-da6d-787851b6a3c3-T1oY19WcHSwdnm+yROfE0A@public.gmane.org>
@ 2022-01-06 23:14   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2022-01-06 23:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joseph Reagle, pandoc-discuss

These have now been fixed in master.

@ 2022-01-07 15:32   ` jmuc...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org
       [not found]     ` <96ebec32-6e13-49f2-9fe9-bbcfbb74f47bn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: jmuc...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org @ 2022-01-07 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Thanks for bringing this up. I have a long-running battle with reveal to
get images to display how I want them too (mainly taking up as much space
as possible without being distorted since I use it for lecture slides).
Going to play with this a bit.

@ 2022-01-07 15:57       ` Joseph Reagle
       [not found]         ` <7c4377d5-12cf-c663-2d48-835dc20de890-T1oY19WcHSwdnm+yROfE0A@public.gmane.org>
From: Joseph Reagle @ 2022-01-07 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

You should check out my "exemplar" markdown and revealjs deck. They demo all the features I could use (as well as documents those that I can't). And most of my (small) custom CSS is getting floating images with text working.

https://reagle.org/joseph/talks/2014/exemplar.md

https://reagle.org/joseph/talks/2014/exemplar.html

https://reagle.org/joseph/talks/_custom/reveal4js.css

Out of my outstanding issues, it looks like the next pandoc will address the first (most important) two, and the latter two do have hacks (i.e., use HTML and link the caption instead of the image).

1. r-fit-text
2. r-stretch
3. reveal fragment/iterate styles of fade-[direction]
4. when img an a link, pandoc does not create figure or figcaption

@ 2022-01-07 16:50           ` jmuc...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org
From: jmuc...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org @ 2022-01-07 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss