I often write species names and these are customarily formatted either as '*Genus species* Author, Year' or '*Genus species* (Author, Year)' if the species name has been changed. This can be different to the prevailing citation format (e.g. '(Author Year)' [without comma] for journals such as Palaeontology , or with different numbers of authors included etc). Is it possible to insert a citation with the year only and without parentheses? The main reason for just the year would so I can format the authors, comma, and surrounding parentheses (or not) myself, but keep the year updated with a year-suffix if that is required. I would envisage typing something like (modifying the AuthorInText format pandoc already has): *Genus species* AuthorA, AuthorB & Author C, -@cite2021 or *Genus species* (AuthorA, AuthorB & Author C, -@cite2021) Any help or suggestions will be appreciated. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/c442c1c6-63d3-4a10-a72b-5f35921f0a2bn%40googlegroups.com.